Sign in to follow this  
That dude

Headphone noob that needs help.

Hey! I got my dream IEM, the sf5, already so i plan to have something to use at home, but be able to bring it out sometimes. I'm using LDM+ so anything that can be powered by it would be great. I listen to mostly rock and some jazz and drum music. At home i just plug it into my power amplifyer. Any reccommendation for headphones <200? I'm a noob at such a thing so an above average one would do, until i feel the need to upgrade. :innocent:

Thx! :cans:

Guest davidcsk2112

Stretch your budget a bit and get the Audiotechnica A900 at $239... :D From what I hear, it's bass is decent (drum music) and it's suited for pop. Not sure about jazz though, depending on whether you listen to classical or contemporary jazz. Plus, amplification is not a problem.

Edited by davidcsk2112

Guest joi-ful

Try the grado sr60, if you like it, save up for the sr325!

The sr325 has really great treble extension, a very refined pair of cans.

Btw, the sr60 is $120, well within your budget. Cheers!

what is drum music? just drums? like the chinese drums type?

For rock and jazz, I agree that grados are a good start for your budget. Go and have a listen.... :gradoRS:

Hey! I got my dream IEM, the sf5, already so i plan to have something to use at home, but be able to bring it out sometimes. I'm using LDM+ so anything that can be powered by it would be great. I listen to mostly rock and some jazz and drum music. At home i just plug it into my power amplifyer. Any reccommendation for headphones <200? I'm a noob at such a thing so an above average one would do, until i feel the need to upgrade. :innocent:

Thx! :cans:

I would vouch for Grados. Very decent prices for the sound. I only have SR60, so I can't say much for the higher models. Even so, the SR60 is already quite amazing-sounding...

Haha, thks. I'm not really into the grados sound. I heard the sr60 and it's really decent for $120, but i would rather get the MS1. IMO, their less peircing and kinder to my ears. Would wanna change the pads to sr80's type though.

Anyone brought their open cans out and got scolded? lol :D