Sign in to follow this  
aegisofrime

If you are thinking of getting a Cresyn E630...

Anyone thinking of getting a Cresyn E630 should take a look at this:

IPB Image

That is a shot of my friend's Cresyn. The metallic paint has worn off to reveal an ugly white surface underneath.

On top of that, he says one side is beginning to sound weaker than the other.

My friend has always taken good care of his earphones, storing it in a pouch when not in use. Yet despite these protective measures look at the state of the earphones now. :blink:

i got my Cresyn for 10months but the metallic paint did not worn off(if you all dun count the Sentosa swimming)

{but the Sand also did not worn off so much of the metallic paint,only a little}

And i dont store in pouch or any case,just roll it and put into my bag or pocket......

As for "one side is beginning to sound weaker than the other."

i think he might have pulled the part that connect the Left wire and Right wire too hard....

Picture of my Cresyn E630 that went for swimming in Sentosa...

IPB Image

Edited by dle4e_2005

yup, with ample care i dont think such thing will happen.

and ya, my 1yr+ old e630 also had some very minor paint wear-off

Perhaps the darker coloured paints are more prone to peel? My E630 white neck-chain style seems ok after about 1 year's usage - used it for about 4 months before I got a pouch, just stuffed it into my pocket.

IPB Image

The thing about weaker sound is true for me though - I think the wire connection is a bad design - not strong enough to withstand daily use. They should have something like the CK7 heat-shrink rubber at the connection point - it sure looks more durable than the current connection.

I admit I abuse it quite a bit, using it in bed whle sleeping (I roll around a lot, so the wire tends to be stretched - got to stop doing this, otherwise might accidently commit suicide lol), but I also did this with my stock sens mx300, and they survived. Also tend to get it caught on the bus chairs when getting off.

The connection feels a bit loose now - can push in & out a few mm from the earpiece housing. When I get the weak sound problem, I just push the wire back into the housing - seems to fix it.

A more permenent fix would be to hot glue it in place or something, but I don't want to make it look like I'm wearing ghetto earpieces haha.

Guest joi-ful

Same here, mine and my bro's pairs has the paint chipped off after 6+ mths.

Well, fyi I just wrap them around my DAP and put it in a pouch but surely they should last longer than 6+mths? I never had the problem with my ex51lp or other cheap sony buds...

my paintwork of e630 also came off, but i abused it on the day it peeled, so i assume it should be ok unless you abuse it a bit. the sony was horrible for me. i had the ex51 and them wire tore......

my paintwork of e630 also came off, but i abused it on the day it peeled, so i assume it should be ok unless you abuse it a bit. the sony was horrible for me. i had the ex51 and them wire tore......

Agree, my E630DL had no paint come off after 1 good year of enjoyment! thnks to afbug1's

highly acclaimed review on my 1st pair of in-ears...

there could be doubts about e630's durabiliy but i don't think it'll be fair if its reputation is affected because of this. i've had minor problems with my e630 too then, but i think that's about normal for most phones of this genre and range. earphones are funny little fragile things, they sometimes just have to fail you despite your confidence in taking much care of them.

for me i have no regrets about my cresyn purchase. it was this that struck me into this audio interest.