laihuattan

Creative Zen V / V plus in the News

:rclxub:No service from Creative's customer service officer

ON 31 Aug, I bought a 4GB Creative Zen Vision Plus MP3 player at Comex.

Unfortunately, in less than 48 hours, the player broke down - the system hung and the player could not be charged.

On 2 Sep, I went to the customer service counter at the Creative Technology office in the International Business Park.

I was recommended to buy an additional Creative charger. But, I did not see the point in doing that as the USB charger that came with the player should allow me to charge it with my computer. Why should I have to pay for an extra charger?

The customer service officer also told me that there was no stock in the office for the model I bought to give me a replacement set.

He told me to go to the Creative booth at Comex to exchange for another player, but there was no guarantee I would get it.

I asked him if he could help me arrange for the exchange and ask the staff at the booth to hold the replacement set for me while I travel to the Expo on the same day.

He said he could not do that as they had different managers stationed there.

Strangely, a friendly technician at the Creative office later managed to find me a replacement set.

But the second player also broke down - less than three hours after I got it. So on the same day, I went down to the Creative office again.

The same customer service officer told me I must have toggled the different functions of the player too fast and caused the system to hang.

But I could not accept his explanation. Two of their new MP3 players had broken down in two days!

When I asked for a cash refund, he told me there was no guarantee I would get one. I was told that maybe I would get a voucher of similar value to the player, but I said I did not want to buy any more Creative products after this experience.

I was also denied when I asked to speak to someone in higher management about my problem.

All I want is a refund for the MP3 player.

- Lenny Tan Tien Lang

====================================================

He got his refund in the end after all the hassle. :rclxub:

::Quote:: i recieved the call too. It has been delayed due to faulty product which best denki recieved. unlucky for best denki. their salesman told me that last week they recieved 4 new sets, but out the 4, 2 of them were faulty, causing them to send back to creative. thus resulting in delay. so i guess creative's QC is really going down the drain. ::unquote::

creative's most busy area is actually the customer service if u took note.

more ppl visits the service area rather den the sales area. lol

Most of their product suffer from component failure. Megaworks S750, mosfet problem. Zen Micro, headphone jack problem.

Always trying to be cheapskate and use the cheapest part, in the end loses it's customer base. :wacko: