Sign in to follow this  
zer061zer0

Interest check for MO on tube damper...

This is the description that i have gotten off ebay from the following link:

http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/AMP-TUBE-DAMPERS-12...1QQcmdZViewItem

These tube dampers are used for reducing the microphonics in your tube gears.

What is microphonics? The tube is constructed with many metal parts which are put together by welding them or by way of support with the mica wafers. The metal parts can vibrate when subjected to shock. When the metal parts move, their capacitance change which results in the variation of voltage they produce. As a result microphonics is induced. Microphonics is an inherent property of vacuum tubes, and all tubes produce microphonics to some extend. Some equipments are more prone to microphonics than the others, e.g. guitar amps.

How do these dampers improve the sound? These tube dampers reduce the vibration within the metal structure, thus minimize the microphonics the tube produces. As a result, music appear to be tighter in bass and having a higher level of transparency.

These damper rings are made of Aerospace High Temperature Silicone. Rated to withstand up to 450 F. These High Density dampers will fit snugly on 9-pin tubes.

There are three sizes you can choose from, ranging from light weight to heavy weight. The light weights are for the slightly microphonic tubes and the heavy weights are for the severe ones. Use both by hobbyists and professionals. Most people use 2 dampers per tube, but you can also use one, or more to get the best result. The best place to position the dampers is near the mica supports.

Using these tube dampers is the most cost-effective way to improve the sonic quality on your tube gears. Whether you are an on-the-road musician or stay-at-home music listener, you will appreciate this tweak.

There are different sizes, different density, for different tubes available and different set choices for the driver tubes.

I would like to check the interest before purchasing to save on the shipping cost,

To start the ball rolling:

1.) zer061zer0 (EL 34 dampers & driver tubes choice G)

8 Studs and 6 Big Boys and 4 SUMOs, (Choice G).

are you looking to share shipping on other sets or are you looking to share your above set of choice G?

Hi fongalv,

I am looking for people to share in the shipping, i need all the dampers. :))

U interested..?

how does this work? i'm abit confused. The seller offers combined shipping ?

how does this work? i'm abit confused. The seller offers combined shipping ?

This is what i get from the ebay thread,

"Flat Rate Shipping. If you buy more than one set, you only pay for the first set, the rest are shipped free of charge.

All orders will be shipping the same day or the next day.

I also have tube dampers for different size tubes, and of different thickness, and in color translucent-white as well in my other listings."

I am sorry abt being unclear in my MO, like i said earlier i am quite green in this.

Hope u guys understand.. :blush:

Ah i see, I didnt see that. The set you are ordering is for the XS right? If it is count me in for one set then :D

Ah i see, I didnt see that. The set you are ordering is for the XS right? If it is count me in for one set then :D

I am ordering one for my XS and one for my EL34 tube amp

U wanna update the first post

2.) zhapchit (driver tubes choice G)

2.) zhapchit (driver tubes choice G)

Will end this MO by the end of September, meanwhile i will check with the seller on the shipping price and stuff.

Is there a set for Little dot II+?

i think you will need to find out what tubes the LD2+ is using. Then search the ebay link to the seller's other items.