Sign in to follow this  
aloy

problems with headphones

i'm currently using my k81 and i love it. but the bad thing is that the headband exerts quite a bit of pressure on my head and it starts to hurt after long usage. anyway to solve this problem?

Firstly, you may add extra padding to your headband if you don't mind the weird look.

Secondly, you could also wear it in such a way where you adjust the length of headband to the a looser fit, reduce the force exertion on your head, but slightly more on your ears. :))

Advice from Head-fi:

"When you first get these, you might want to let off a certain amount of this clamping pressure, as it can feel a tad headache-inducing. But please: DON’T DO THIS BY FLEXING THE CENTRE OF THE HEADBAND DOWNWARDS!!!! This will actually INCREASE the pressure! Instead, push the ear cushions together and, holding them this way between the ‘heels’ of your hands, use your fingers to squeeze the arms of the headband together. Do this gently, and keep adjusting till they feel right. Do it too much and you’ll put a permanent bend in the visible steel band on top, so please be careful!"

my experience:

I'm still trying to get it to fit comfortably...

Alternative advice from head-fi:

"just bend them out!! Don't listen to all this jive about pushing the pads together as you push them toward each other...all that will end with is slightly bent out cans...or broken K81DJ's. Have you just tried bending them apart (since your concern is purely ears, and not the top of your head). Try bending them (pulling them apart), till the clamp is soft, then you can articulate them to a more comfy position. This is what I did. They are super comfy....well compared to how they felt originally."

I do it the first way, but instead of pushing the ear cushions together and, holding them this way between the ‘heels’ of your hands, I turn the cans sideways so they slide past each other when I bend, forming an X. This way can bend more and no risk to the silver hinges also.

i'm still suffering from the top of the headband! it hurts like mad! the headphone will be much better if there isnt this problem!

After living with my K81DJs for a week, i've come to learn a way to wear them more comfortably. I now wear the headband slightly *behind* the apex of my head so that it doesn't press down on the top. It's less secure, but I'm not about to go jogging with my K81DJs...

hope this helps...