Sign in to follow this  
autorock

Best Ear/Headphones for jogging?

What head/earphones do you guys use for working out? I've been using my old Ex-51s for some time but find that the microphonics are excessive. Please recommend me something that can be driven decently well by an iPod Shuffle 2G, for I will be purchasing one the moment it ships. Thanks.

I think you will look on the Earphones for jogging purpose. As for headphones, probably the ones that has neckband and clip-ons would be good.

To reduce microphonics, you might wish to use clips to secure the cable. Over-the-ear IEMs and clip-on should help.

Hope this helps! =)

Yes, but be careful cuz some iem's are very sensitive to moisture i.e. sweat. So dun splurge on a very high end one or your wallet will lose weight instead of u!

When joggin if the IEM cancel too much noise can be very dangerous too and you very lieky to hear tumping of yr foots... best is use sony EX71 , panasonic HJE 50 ....

too bad the SX-10 hurts my ears else i would haf got them for running too lol.

very decent sounding so u guys can give it a try.

personally i'm using a pair of sony mdr-w08 for jogging. here's the picture:

IPB Image

i still remember i paid $16 for that. bought it at the music junction shop in jurong point.

i feel it's very light and comfortable, lighter than beyer's sx-10 (won it from jaben's lucky draw a few months back). it's so light that it almost feel like i'm not wearing it.

the sound quality is decent i suppose, similar to sx-10.

personally i'm using a pair of sony mdr-w08 for jogging. here's the picture:

IPB Image

i still remember i paid $16 for that. bought it at the music junction shop in jurong point.

i feel it's very light and comfortable, lighter than beyer's sx-10 (won it from jaben's lucky draw a few months back). it's so light that it almost feel like i'm not wearing it.

the sound quality is decent i suppose, similar to sx-10.

Sony MDR-A35L is a good choice, sweat resistant, foldable, poor isolation ( safer), super secure on the head ( most earphones like ibuds might drop off), my top recommendation for jogging. Only $30++

Since you're listening to music while jogging, I assume it'll be long distances. Best to avoid IEMs totally for jogging as you will hear your own feet thumping away with your music + it's quite dangerous if jogging along the road. The sony mdr-w08 or any similar kind of earphones is your best bet. So you'll wanna avoid anything bigger than the size of a fifty cent coin that traps heat and sweat.

Now you make me wanna go for a jog.. Off I go! :grin:

I have the SX-10, courtesy of Uncle Wilson from the lucky draw. Haven't tried it out for jogging, but I can see what he means. It is light and does not really move around that much, given that there is something which goes around the back of your head.

My head is a tad bit small to have a perfect fit on them, but I believe that they fit the bill. Shouldn't have microphonics at all too, given that they aren't IEMs.