Sign in to follow this  
david.chew

Recommend an amp for my DT990s

I have finally decided that the marginal difference between using a CDP as a source and using my iPod as a source (with an amp) isn't worth the inconvenience of changing CDs... As such, I'm looking for a headamp for my DT990s. (Of course, they don't have to be portable.)

I'm thinking of the Xiangsheng 708B... has anyone paired the two? Otherwise, please feel free to recommend amps to pair with the DT990s. Thanks! :))

Edited by david.chew

Xiangsheng 708A/B gels well with Beyer cans as their sonic characteristics lean towards "neutrality". However, my concern is your findings that a cdp and an ipod sounded similar as you might not find having an amp in the system will up the ante in sound quality. It's usually easier to discen difference in source than amp changes within a reasonable jump in grade.

Edited by Mackie

Xiangsheng 708A/B gels well with Beyer cans as their sonic characteristics lean towards "neutrality". However, my concern is your findings that a cdp and an ipod sounded similar as you might not find having an amp in the system will up the ante in sound quality. It's usually easier to discen difference in source than amp changes within a reasonable jump in grade.

Heh, sorry for the misunderstanding. I didn't play the DT990s straight out of the iPod, but rather amped with the iCute battery.