Sign in to follow this  
sputnik00

suggestions to replace trusty md player

OT for a while...

How do u get the songs u want into an MD, if u use line-in recording, won't it affect the sound quality?

You can record either line in or optical in.. i have tried both and usually for noisy CDS i record using line in, it helps to clean up the noise.. else i use optical in

I don't think md is superior sounding than cd and in fact, this is an interim technology borne during transition from cd to mp3 format. In the latter phases, sound quality is compromised (more compression) in favour of smaller playback unit, lower storage memory, longer battery life and greater portability. Now that DAP market has matured, this relegated MD players to oblivion but not all will see it this way though. For instance, I still use a MD player in favour of ipod shuffle if I'm listening to classical or jazz while on the move. I also find it fun converting cds to mds but only for certain genre.

hi, happen to agree with Mackie on that point. i find myself turning to my md when listening to classical and jazz. albeit the cd player sounds as good, but mine pcdp is like 11 yrs old and is not portable at all so still rely on my md player.

as for whether md sound reproduction is better, think to put that in context, i use my md recorder for my gigs and the quality of the live recording surpasses the recording on my U3 by miles.

argh, someone has an MZ-NH1?! if you ever want to get rid of it ..... i happen to think it's ultra sexy ..... would love to adopt it from you.

hi, happen to agree with Mackie on that point. i find myself turning to my md when listening to classical and jazz. albeit the cd player sounds as good, but mine pcdp is like 11 yrs old and is not portable at all so still rely on my md player.

as for whether md sound reproduction is better, think to put that in context, i use my md recorder for my gigs and the quality of the live recording surpasses the recording on my U3 by miles.

argh, someone has an MZ-NH1?! if you ever want to get rid of it ..... i happen to think it's ultra sexy ..... would love to adopt it from you.

I do have one still in relatively pristine condition. A bit collecting dust nowdays. :P

PM me if you're interested. :)

hi acidboy84

have PM you about your MZ-NH1.

thanks.

i'm quite a sucker for nice design, great battery life and great sound. those are probably the only things i truly desire in a music gadget.

Yup that's the one. Too bad my photography skills are really bad. Will do injustice to this gorgous creation if I post mine. :P

it's quite gorgeous huh?

It looks better in real life. The magnesium body is stunning. I had the MZ-E900 with magnesium body but the MZ-NH1 just looks way better.

It looks better in real life. The magnesium body is stunning. I had the MZ-E900 with magnesium body but the MZ-NH1 just looks way better.

argh, you do bad things for my gadgetlust. the NH1 is not USB 2.0 right? even so, on account of its gorgeous-ness i don't mind. i am quite sad.

USB 2.0 compatible, meaning USB 1.1

thanks Mackie. am undaunted nonetheless if it is as good-looking in real life as it is in all the pics on the web.

i'm current md player is also mind-numbingly slow with transfers but sounds pretty sweet after all these years.