Sign in to follow this  
skinnylatte

Westone UM1 with PocketAmp

I'm using UM2 with PA2V2 and the only gripe I have is not sound quality but gain. Since a small adjustment of the volume knob will produce a moderate volume level, I have to make fine adjustment of the knob to achieve my desired volume. It never got past the 9 o'clock mark. Sound wise, UM2 sounds much better through PA2V2 than direct from a pcdp source ie Pannie SL-CT720. Use the included comply short tips as they give a better balance in bass and treble. Treble rolloff is further exacerbated with long tips. A Shure 3 flange modded to 2 flange is also highly recommended.

Edited by Mackie

talk about crappy earbuds...

i was in school yesterday and my friends were asking wats those earphones

thats sticking out of my ears.

told them is UE SF5Pro... huh? was thier 1st remark.

nex ask me how much... i said >$400. they were like "you crazy! can buy ipod already"

i ask them to take a listen... guess wat thier reply was?

"same wat... nicer sound meh... the earphones provided by ipod is better than ur $400 earphone loh!"

i nearly commit suicide... :bash:

yah... well it's like, i'm a big foodie and when i save up and blow a lot of money on a top restaurant, i'm not going to ask people who don't appreciate food to come with me. to an untrained tongue, eating at NOBU or Tetsuya's or El Bulli (all overseas).. might as well ask them to go eat sakae sushi...

same lah, with audio.

Most of my friends are like that. Today one of them critisized the ksc75s... he was using stock buds...

Maybe it's a personal preference kinda thing..

another classmate just bought the Creative Zen V Plus

from such a tiny player, he hooked it up to a AKG headphone...

i forgot model... pretty big closed cans...

i told him the zen v plus will hav probs driving it and he probably need an amp

he said "huh? wat amp? ai yah i always full blast one... more shiok!" :sweat:

and he criticise my SF5Pro being "small" as compared to his "BIG" AKG headphones

his SQ is definately better than mine... :bash:

i rest my case with these ppl...

Hehehehe..... the worst thing is when they think we're suckers for blowing so much money when what they have is 'the same what'.

yah man... practically everyone that wans a listen to my set up has the same "its the same wat" comment :bash:

Plug them headphones into your amp and full blast it when he is wearing it. Only then it is considered full blast.

See wad he make of it... lol

btw, where did you get that amp from anyway?

Plug them headphones into your amp and full blast it when he is wearing it. Only then it is considered full blast.

See wad he make of it... lol

btw, where did you get that amp from anyway?

blast thier headphones through my amp with full blast?

haha the next thing u hear might not be music but "piak piak piak piak"

i got my amp from a fellow forumer here.

He notice my interest thread, PMed me and we had a deal!

:thumbup:

haha... lucky my fren all agree i'm more tech savvy than them so normally they will agree what i say and try to get more into it when listening and give feedback which is constructive. not aiya, it the same lah or sort off......

^ Unlike me, with someone in my class who claims all the geek cred due to his intense love for fruits. Haha, when I said that I wanted to upgrade from my UM1 (which was sadly gone without a trace), he suggested Apple-In ears. Well Well Well...

And when I suggest EP630, I am accused of being a crazy Creative fanboy by every one else, because of him not really liking Creative, sigh, look who's talking... :rolleyes:

EDIT: Shesh, this sounds like a vicious attack. No harm intended to anyone... :P

Edited by aaron-xp

^ Unlike me, with someone in my class who claims all the geek cred due to his intense love for fruits. Haha, when I said that I wanted to upgrade from my UM1 (which was sadly gone without a trace), he suggested Apple-In ears. Well Well Well...

And when I suggest EP630, I am accused of being a crazy Creative fanboy by every one else, because of him not really liking Creative, sigh, look who's talking... :rolleyes:

EDIT: Shesh, this sounds like a vicious attack. No harm intended to anyone... :P

Lol, similar encounter for me. I have been doing graphic designing (graphic) for 7 years now, and started DSLR photography 3 years ago. Got into JC this year and met this nice friend in my CCA who downloaded Photoshop CS II, and probably read a couple of tutorials, went challenging me in CCA.

Lol imagine that, answering amateurish questions and got slap everytime I can't answer smart-alec questions like "When you are doing colour correction right, normally what is correct har?"

Next he was boasting during CCA that he will be getting a Sony Alpha 100, and its capabilities with so-called in built "image stabliser", which on my stand, image stabliser is best built on lenses. And he goes laughing at my Canon collection of lenses, saying I wasted too much $, while he can do better with the kit lens.

Lol...

haha... those are the "pros" so let them be. there is a say "if you can't correct them, confuse them." hee...

i agree! let them be the "pros"...

so far i oni mange to get 1 fren to stand on my side

after introducing him to rockbox and UE...

but somehow.. he screwed his nano while in the process of rockboxing :sweat: