Sign in to follow this  
laser

zen aurvana VS e3c, e4c, Um 1 and superfi 3

hey. i was juz wondering whether anyone could enlighten me on this.. are zen aurvana earphones good? coz its like now the price is redued to 159.. and furthermore it seem to have higher impedance and sensitivity levels as compared to other earphones which are priced slightly higher than it.. but however it doesnt seem so popular.. care to share your comments? sorry.. noob here dunno much abt IEM

to me, lack of eartips, no any sort of filter to cover the noozle which may become a problem due to ear wax building up in the driver, lack of extension at both end, lack of body. it very confortable to wear it to be honest. but the sound just puts me off...

hey. i was juz wondering whether anyone could enlighten me on this.. are zen aurvana earphones good? coz its like now the price is redued to 159.. and furthermore it seem to have higher impedance and sensitivity levels as compared to other earphones which are priced slightly higher than it.. but however it doesnt seem so popular.. care to share your comments? sorry.. noob here dunno much abt IEM

zen aurvana is crap! i got it as a gift from fren

used it less than 1 month sold off...

yes its comfortable but alot.. i mean ALOT of microphonics

if you can bear with brushing of cables and whining when wind blowing...

this is for u... sorry if i've put you down.

Shirt clips are great at reducing microphonics. You have to admit though, that the Aurvanae (plural?) are the most comfortable IEMs you'll try in a long while , in my opinion, more comfortable than the UM1s.

An amp is said to be able to improve these IEMs by quite a bit, to match the big boys (super fi. 3, ER6i, CK7, UM1) in terms of sound.

I heard them and you would be much better off with a um1.

Listen to them yourself and make the decision on ur own. trust ur ears. u might like them for all i noe.. even though it would most probably not be the case.

Shirt clips are great at reducing microphonics. You have to admit though, that the Aurvanae (plural?) are the most comfortable IEMs you'll try in a long while , in my opinion, more comfortable than the UM1s.

An amp is said to be able to improve these IEMs by quite a bit, to match the big boys (super fi. 3, ER6i, CK7, UM1) in terms of sound.

hmmm... i hooked it up to my PA2v2

and guess wat? the left side driver cracked!

i didn't even blast it.. it was just normal hip hop song being played

and suddenly the left side just produce cracking sound...

lucky i manage to get a 1 to 1 exchange and sold it off...

Oops... That's bad, real bad. Cracked, as in? Blew off? Exploded? :P Great thing that you had an exchange.

Well, here's my source (about amping:

http://www.sgheadphones.net/index.php?s=&s...indpost&p=68817

not really exploded.. was listening to some hip hop songs with thumbing bass

then suddenly the cracking sound came from left driver

then i thought.. sh*t too high volume.. so i turn it down

but it didn't help... vocals came creaking also

so i conclude the left side gone case...

brought down to creative... commented about it... and got it exchanged...

sold and never turned back...

i dont know where have i read it but creative has slashed its IEM price to 159,but i just cant remember where ^^;

Edited by genocide

i dont know where have i read it but creative has slashed its IEM price to 159,but i just cant remember where ^^;

i'd still go for either superfi 3 or UM1

coming from being an Aurvana user

i'd totally advise to stay clear of it.

Creative just isn't cut to make IEMs

mayb they will come out with an Aurvana 2?

Rather than listening to ppl recommendation, why not head down to Jaben or Stereo Electronics to try out the various IEM. Each person preference differs. Some like the UM1/2, some hate them. Some like Ety ER4/6 but some hate them. Aurvana isn't as bad as some ppl said it to be, at least to me it sound much better than the UM1.