Sign in to follow this  
pegasus21

How do you open the driver of the MS1?

Use a spoon and wedge it between the gap and SLOW wriggle it free. Its not easy, but why do you wanna do that?

Maybe to recable? I think there's a article on that somewhere on the web.

r u infested by the woodie mod in headfi? lol wanna change the drivers case to wooden 1 lol?

LOL

The right driver's wire is annoying me cos it doesn't stay properly in the housing. It's movable even with the cable tie in the housing. As in externally, the cable can be pushed in. It makes some sound when the cable tie hits the housing.

So I was thinking of opening it up to glue the cable tie or something. What do you suggest?

Edit: Seems like I found the grado mod page... http://www.headwize.com/projects/showproj....e=grado_prj.htm

Complete with a few ways to open the housing.

Edited by pegasus21

The driver is glued using a glue gun. You should be able to soften the glue by heating it with a hair dryer.

*****i think i read this somewhere, but i might be completely off the mark here, so do this at your own risk.

Hi pegasus21, i got the same problem with my SR 80, till i cannot tahan so i strip the bugger and hot glue the cable.

bty what would be a go cable to use for re-cabling project?

I'll probably try the hair dryer method. I read on head-fi that recabling a grado or alessandro for that matter won't improve the sq drastically. The people there suggested upgrading to a higher end series like 325i or ms2 would be better. This isn't true of the sennheiser or so it's mentioned in the same reply.