Sign in to follow this  
mr rabbit

2.1 PC speaker advice

i know this type of topics have been posted till death but pls help me

i dont play much games, mainly using pc to listen to music

yes yes i know to many its crap and stuff pls accomodate lofi user here ok :)

i like it with clarity and bass.. not those w shrilling highs or boom boom boom type

balanced with punchy lows but not too coloured

i am thinking of a 2.0 near05 - but will it be too studio monitor as in too neutral till its not fun unless i add a subwoof?

or a 2.1 klipsch gmxa2.1 - i find it a really fun set of speakers...quite enjoyable

altec Lansing mx5021? seem to have a lot of positive comments.

mmmm...gurus!!! any comments? ^^/

oh yeah... i listen mainly to rock music and occassionally metal, classical and yes even techno

I'm a v 80s music kind of person.... like gunsnroses, van halen, metallica, malmsteen, skidrow and stuff

my good friend recommended me the TDK Sr60. I bought it at Challenger for $69 and i think its very good value for money. I use it occasionally for games like DOD Source and mp3s. Im sorry i cant describe further more about the audio qualities as im not very gd with audiphile terms, but u could go down Funan Challenger and take a look for yourself at the display unit over there.

IPB Image

Tremor Speakers

I think either the Aego-M's or the Klipsch will suit you best. As your said, nEar's are studio monitors and probably won't suit your tastes. You might also want to try out the Harmon/Kardon Soundsticks, they don't pack alot of punch but they have this very likable, warm sound signature.

aego M are surely the best :)

klipsch are too pricy.

but do note that the nEars 04 can par with the aego M in certain comparison even w/o a sub-woofer.

or the budget and nice 1 will be the altec lansing 2.1 speakers(forgot the model) which is only $49? IIRC.

my concern with near04 or 05 is they r monitor speakers

i tried my friend's pair of alesis monitors in his home studio...they r v clinical accurate but not fun

i'm just a normal home user who like to have better sound than the average boomy pc speakers :(

any gurus??????? any advice???????

not interested in anything above 2.1

not intending to use it to watch dvd or play game so dont see pt of surround

just using it mainly for music

atp 3.....i afraid its going to be boomy again :(

Edited by mr rabbit

not interested in anything above 2.1

not intending to use it to watch dvd or play game so dont see pt of surround

just using it mainly for music

atp 3.....i afraid its going to be boomy again :(

actually 4.1 system u can used it like a 2.1..which means no surround..and for music...it gives u extra power...cuz with extra 2 speakers...^^

I just got the TDK tremor SR80 and i am very impress with the sound... it has quite good mids and the soundstage is really wide.... I like the way it can fill a room with music... still burning in... I prefer this to the ATP3

my good friend recommended me the TDK Sr60. I bought it at Challenger for $69 and i think its very good value for money. I use it occasionally for games like DOD Source and mp3s. Im sorry i cant describe further more about the audio qualities as im not very gd with audiphile terms, but u could go down Funan Challenger and take a look for yourself at the display unit over there.

IPB Image

Tremor Speakers

erm this speaker i good, although it's quite a cheap speaker, but it could give out a good quality of music.

cos my cousin got it..