Sign in to follow this  
Stereo_Electronics

UE superfi with customs, good idea?

Due to overwhelming response to superfi custom ear moulds, I have consolidated all my questions to both Westone who do ear moulds for quite a few company like Shure,Etymotic, Sennheiser, futuresonics, many others and Ultimate ears themselves.

Apparently, it is not recommended by both.

Both responsed with almost the same answer, the Ultimate ears "Superfi" series are not designed to fit on any custom earmoulds.

But I'm sure there are people out there who have did it and may have liked it, so again it's all up to you. B)

Edited by Stereo_Electronics

Guest joi-ful

I remembered seeing a custom mold for the superfi.5pro at Head-fi where the whole IEM is in a mould, definitely not the um56 by Westone but by some other companies.

Edited by joi-ful

Due to overwhelming response to superfi custom ear moulds, I have consolidated all my questions to both Westone who do ear moulds for quite a few company like Shure,Etymotic, Sennheiser, sensaphonic, many others and Ultimate ears themselves.

Apparently, it is not recommended by both.

Both responsed with almost the same answer, the Ultimate ears "Superfi" series are not designed to fit on any custom earmoulds.

But I'm sure there are people out there who have did it and may have liked it, so again it's all up to you. B)

Hmmm I didn't know Westone is the one making moulds for Sensaphonics? I thought Sensaphonics has alliance with Elacin Netherlands Company. Also I thought Sensaphonics is the one making moulds for Shure. I just ordered from Sensaphonics, Shure E500 Custom Sleeves.

http://www.elacin.nl/elacin_en/index.html

I remembered seeing a custom mold for the superfi.5pro at Head-fi where the whole IEM is in a mould, definitely not the um56 by Westone but by some other companies.

Saw that too. It was on this Japanese website.

that is one piece of sad new.. mayb time to upgrade from sf3 to um2.. coz have to blast my music to cover the background..

Why not just use the UE SF Universal fit series Double Sleeved Flange? Its got pretty good isolation IMHO.

Hmmm I didn't know Westone is the one making moulds for Sensaphonics? I thought Sensaphonics has alliance with Elacin Netherlands Company. Also I thought Sensaphonics is the one making moulds for Shure. I just ordered from Sensaphonics, Shure E500 Custom Sleeves.

http://www.elacin.nl/elacin_en/index.html

My typo, its futureSonics not sensaphonics. Sorry for the mislead. :P Will edit my thread.

My typo, its futureSonics not sensaphonics. Sorry for the mislead. :P Will edit my thread.

Hehe not a problem, it's only normal, people make mistakes.