Sign in to follow this  
zilk

AL IM716!

Guest joi-ful

im waiting for joiful to post his review here. haha im sure he will!

Zzz. What review... at most some impressions la. Still very noob at this. :ppth:

I was quite impressed the moment I heard it. Not that the UM1 sucks but I think I prefer the details and clarity of the im716 over the sound signature of the UM1. UM1 still rocks! :grin::lust:

Another good contender would be the CK9. Sounds a bit like the im716 in the bass mode, albeit a much better one. In terms of soundstage and clarity, the CK9 wins the im716 in the bass mode. One thing I find is that the CK9 is also very relaxed to listen to. (A bit of treble roll-off, less fatiguing on the ears) Oh ya, SE is having this pre-ordering sale, so it's a good time to check it out soon.

Comfort wise, I find the CK9 to be extremely comfy, even better than UM1. However, the wires of the CK9 lose to the braided wires of the UM1. iM716, on the other hand.... quite sucky in this department la.

So in conclusion, I think I prefer the im716 in HD mode the most, followed by CK9 and then im716 in bass mode. Seriously, I think both the iM716 and CK9 gives UM1/sf3studio/er6i a good run for the $$. :yeah:

Zzz. What review... at most some impressions la. Still very noob at this. :ppth:

I was quite impressed the moment I heard it. Not that the UM1 sucks but I think I prefer the details and clarity of the im716 over the sound signature of the UM1. UM1 still rocks! :grin::lust:

Another good contender would be the CK9. Sounds a bit like the im716 in the bass mode, albeit a much better one. In terms of soundstage and clarity, the CK9 wins the im716 in the bass mode. One thing I find is that the CK9 is also very relaxed to listen to. (A bit of treble roll-off, less fatiguing on the ears) Oh ya, SE is having this pre-ordering sale, so it's a good time to check it out soon.

Comfort wise, I find the CK9 to be extremely comfy, even better than UM1. However, the wires of the CK9 lose to the braided wires of the UM1. iM716, on the other hand.... quite sucky in this department la.

So in conclusion, I think I prefer the im716 in HD mode the most, followed by CK9 and then im716 in bass mode. Seriously, I think both the iM716 and CK9 gives UM1/sf3studio/er6i a good run for the $$. :yeah:

your though is same as me. i think i'll post my review here soon. for im716

i'm really v interested in im716 seem to be a budget yet midrange fones

my only 2 concerns are impedance will it drain my ipod battery faster given its so hard to drive

and the discomforting earbuds

i want something comfy like ep630 dont even feel it at all :(

sigh...seems like i have to look else where now

The amnt of power needed to drive is particularly high in hd mode. nearly 2x more then a westone um1. If I was to compare to my headphones, it requires 30% more volume then a ms2i but quality wise its superior to most of its price range. I tested something though, if u want to use bass mode properly u best not use its inbuild volume control. The earphones loses much of their additional bass capability once u lower volume using the inline volume control.

Agree that somehow that iM716 can be uncomfortable at times, but once I switched to foam, seal improved and bass enhanced compared to the use of the tri-flanges - perhaps it doesn't suits me.