Charismatic

Could anyone recommend a 'videophile' grade component cable

As per topic, thanks n have a nice weekend.

Edited by Charismatic

<=$100. 1 to 1.5m. Thks.

monster THX component at 4FT( 1.2m ) less than $100.

Alternatively, you can diy belden or canare.

Thks, likely to go for belden/canare. Monster is good, but I think(IMHO) its products are overpriced.

I got some decent quality component video cable for $8 only..

Interesting :)) ...but I am looking at brands like Supra, QED or AQ.

Interesting :)) ...but I am looking at brands like Supra, QED or AQ.

Seriously video is not as sensitive as compare to audio for cable... Maybe my TV sucks thats why i cant tell a different between a $8 one and a $100++ monster cable :lol: I didnt try the above mentioned brands before anyway.. :P

Edited by nakedtoes

Seriously video is not as sensitive as compare to audio for cable... Maybe my TV sucks thats why i cant tell a different between a $8 one and a $100++ monster cable :lol: I didnt try the above mentioned brands before anyway.. :P

Oh...can I interpret your reply as that not only you have not tried the brands that I have mentioned, your have not try the monster either and you have stated "Seriously video is not as sensitive as compare to audio for cable" is what you have assumed that it is such? The assumption which the statement arrives, is due to you think your TV is suck? :blink:

Anyway, thanks for your suggestion to look at alternative other than those branded items. I'm thinking of trying Belden 1694A. Any other forumers have experience on it? Thanks. :D

I tried the monster and i cant tell a different to a $8 pair... Many however said that the differences would be significant once the size of the tv panel get larger..

DIY.

Get Belden Brilliance Video cable - 1694A or 1695A. Get quality connectors on both, maybe Canare true 75ohm types.

If it's good enough for the studio to use, it's good enough for you. Sturdy as hell and one of the best on the market.

With Monster cables you are paying for the name, and after sales support. And slick packaging. And their even slicker marketing. And for that price, you can make about maybe 4 sets of Belden cable 1.5m with top quality connectors.

You should be able to do this in SLS - second or third floor, in one of the 'corners', there is a shop with spools of cable. They will custom make for you and crimp it professionally. Alternatively there is a Belden seller in SLT, 4th floor I think. Remember to get them to crimp, and have the crimping done with Canare tools.

Edited by adhoc

DIY.

Get Belden Brilliance Video cable - 1694A or 1695A. Get quality connectors on both, maybe Canare true 75ohm types.

If it's good enough for the studio to use, it's good enough for you. Sturdy as hell and one of the best on the market.

With Monster cables you are paying for the name, and after sales support. And slick packaging. And their even slicker marketing. And for that price, you can make about maybe 4 sets of Belden cable 1.5m with top quality connectors.

You should be able to do this in SLS - second or third floor, in one of the 'corners', there is a shop with spools of cable. They will custom make for you and crimp it professionally. Alternatively there is a Belden seller in SLT, 4th floor I think. Remember to get them to crimp, and have the crimping done with Canare tools.

Hi Adhoc,

Thanks for your valuable input/info.

btw, your girl in the avatar right? :grin:

Charismatic,

Make sure the canare connectors look like this:

IPB Image

Note especially the inside of the 'barrel' - note how there are multiple bits inside 'bending' outwards - they're the bits that ensure reliable connection with the RCA jack.

There are FAKES floating around Singapore - but the fakes rarely get the inside bits right. :)

And... :D

Charismatic,

Make sure the canare connectors look like this:

IPB Image

Note especially the inside of the 'barrel' - note how there are multiple bits inside 'bending' outwards - they're the bits that ensure reliable connection with the RCA jack.

There are FAKES floating around Singapore - but the fakes rarely get the inside bits right. :)

And... :D

Thanks for the info again. :D