oceanboi21

Um1 'static' Problem.

I bought a UM1 from stereo electronics this year april through the sgheadphones promo .

I can hear some 'static' which goes on and off on and off(quite obvious) when i'm on the move (and the cable is shaking) when i'm stationary the problem dont exist. But the earphones itself doesnt have any damage or anything. i believe its manufacture fault or something.

Where do i send back the earphones to. Through stereo electronics? Do they provide a 1-1 or do they send it back to US( which will obviously take a long time) . I cant live without the nice musicc of UM1.

Please help!! :))

Edited by oceanboi21

i'm pretty sure what you're experiencing isn't due to the sensitivity of the earphones nor the quality of your music encoding. sounds like you have a wonky headphone jack out of your player, or perhaps a faulty connector on the UM1.

try using your UM1 on another player and see if the same thing occurs. if so, then you should probably drop by SE and request for an exchange.

i'm pretty sure what you're experiencing isn't due to the sensitivity of the earphones nor the quality of your music encoding. sounds like you have a wonky headphone jack out of your player, or perhaps a faulty connector on the UM1.

try using your UM1 on another player and see if the same thing occurs. if so, then you should probably drop by SE and request for an exchange.

I tried using my PC as a connection. it still appears to have the same problem after i shake the cable.

Its on and off kind of thing , might not even be noticeable in noisy places in SE.

it's probably a "loose" (for the lack of a more appropriate word) connection. although these connectors/jacks are supposed to follow a certain specification, they sometimes fall out of spec and will likely cause such a problem.

Edited by rkivie

If you try on another mp3 player on the go and the same problem occur, just bring it back to us for a replacement. Remember to bring your receipt.

ok thank you

can anyone enlighten me what's the "static" problem? i'm using UM1s, and even though i'm shaking the cable like crazy now, i can't hear any difference as compared to when the cable is stationary..

Guest dogfight

can anyone enlighten me what's the "static" problem? i'm using UM1s, and even though i'm shaking the cable like crazy now, i can't hear any difference as compared to when the cable is stationary..

probably it means the 'gold plated' plug has some problems, or the source has some problem, like when u turn ur volume knob to the max on your speakers when nthg is playing (u do get some static). or maybe its a bad case of microphonics, which in any case um1's microphonics are almost impossible to detect?

It's probably a fault product, not a faulty design. (Though I must admit that Westone had a small design flaw at the part where the wire connects with the headphone jack. The loose ends of the wire just appear.)