Sign in to follow this  
bkling

Buy Headphone Online....

Dear Forumers

Is it cheaper to buy headphone online or any good web site to order AKG701? Got a quote from Jaben that it costs S$635.00 or any good place in Singapore to get good priced Headphone?

Thanks for reading and sharing.

Northern Sound and Light has a real good price. Ask for an email on the K701 price. I think it's around USD244.

http://www.northernsound.net/Sales/Wireles...elessframe.html

Shipping is a pain though, and it should be a small risk to take because the headphone may be faulty (small chance though)

Edited by aaron-xp

Thanks Brother Aaron...What is the price for shipping to Singapore?

Northern Sound and Light has a real good price. Ask for an email on the K701 price. I think it's around USD244.

http://www.northernsound.net/Sales/Wireles...elessframe.html

Shipping is a pain though, and it should be a small risk to take because the headphone may be faulty (small chance though)

I don't think they ship to Singapore, but vPost should do the job. Shouldn't cost more than SGD40 (if I remember correctly).

Hmmm.. It is still much cheaper than getting it from Singapore. How to use VPost to order?

I did a check and found that the total cost for the k701, ship and gst would be about S$455. Not bad price.

Wait... there's no gst charge on this since one of components in the calculation is just under the limit... so it's actually S$426. That's really nice.

Register for a vpost account. Then ask northernsound to send to vpost's address. Pay vpost the amount to ship to sg. Not sure how vpost knows it's your package though... but that's roughly how it works.

Oh they require you to use a certain name for the package to be sent to so as to know whose package it is.

Edited by pegasus21

I did a check and found that the total cost for the k701, ship and gst would be about S$455. Not bad price.

Wait... there's no gst charge on this since one of components in the calculation is just under the limit... so it's actually S$426. That's really nice.

Register for a vpost account. Then ask northernsound to send to vpost's address. Pay vpost the amount to ship to sg. Not sure how vpost knows it's your package though... but that's roughly how it works.

Oh they require you to use a certain name for the package to be sent to so as to know whose package it is.

S$455 is definately cheaper than here....Can not understand why local distributor charge so high.

It may be the price set by AKG. Really depends.

It's like the European Grado issue. Grados in USA cost much, much less than those in Europe, and slightly less than those here.

Yes it's actually an issue of price fixing by the manufacturer. Hence Northern Sound asks you to email or call them for the best price as they can't advertise as selling lower than the fixed price.

Yes it's actually an issue of price fixing by the manufacturer. Hence Northern Sound asks you to email or call them for the best price as they can't advertise as selling lower than the fixed price.

anyone interested in a MO for the AKG 701?

i will sure to join in!!

Hardly a point since the shipping has to go through VpostUSA. Then if you're over 400 there's GST charges too... 1 set shipped might escape the GST...

Unless there's cheaper shipping? VpostUSA charges about S$39.96 for this item if I'm not mistaken.

Guys, last time i called vpost singapore.

They said that customs will tax anything more than 400sgd incl. of freight charges.

So if your total is more than 400 youll get charged the gst.

It should be correct from the last time i call them which is about 3 weeks ago.

Guys, last time i called vpost singapore.

They said that customs will tax anything more than 400sgd incl. of freight charges.

So if your total is more than 400 youll get charged the gst.

It should be correct from the last time i call them which is about 3 weeks ago.

If the price is around USD$245-250, then with Vpost delivery charges, you may merely just avoid paying the GST 5%. It is definately attractive price to cost around ~S$420 (inclusive of shipping cost to reach your home)as compared with local price of approximately S$600.

I have recently contacted Northernsound on their so called the cheapest AKG701 for 2 weeks or so. I must say that their service was so so and respond time really piss you off. Basically you have to wait a few days after you have e-mailed them. As they do not have any online transaction facility, and I have to make so many IDD calls to them to confirm my particulars and asked them send me the invoice and bank particular..

The funny part was when I receive their invoice for bank wire, the amount have jumped from USD244.54 to USD278. It was kind of vomit blood process...I lost confident in placing my order through them. :ppth:

If the price is around USD$245-250, then with Vpost delivery charges, you may merely just avoid paying the GST 5%. It is definately attractive price to cost around ~S$420 (inclusive of shipping cost to reach your home)as compared with local price of approximately S$600.

I have recently contacted Northernsound on their so called the cheapest AKG701 for 2 weeks or so. I must say that their service was so so and respond time really piss you off. Basically you have to wait a few days after you have e-mailed them. As they do not have any online transaction facility, and I have to make so many IDD calls to them to confirm my particulars and asked them send me the invoice and bank particular..

The funny part was when I receive their invoice for bank wire, the amount have jumped from USD244.54 to USD278. It was kind of vomit blood process...I lost confident in placing my order through them. :ppth:

Hi, actually you do not have to call them using your home line.

IF the company has TOLL free lines in the USA, you could just simply install skype on your computer, buy a 3dollar microphone and just dial the number to call them.

BUT you must remember to put the + sign infront of the 1800........ number.

I did that for earphonesolutions and etymotic resarch... thanks.