Sign in to follow this  
varian

PDAs

Hi all,

Haven't been around for awhile. First job, first weeks, man i miss school life. tongue.gif

Want to ask, are there any PDAphiles here? What's the coolest / bestest thing in the market now? As in, if you had a choice and budget isn't a problem, which would you get?

Appreciate any inputs on this.

(And no, this is not for myself. The company's thinking of buying one for the CEO to use.)

(Though i hope to get to play with it first. holiday.gif )

I'm not a PDA guru but I use a Palm Tungsten. The question sounds simple but it will be quite complicated to answer. Alot of it has to do with what/how your CEO intend to use it. Theoretically a Tungsten should fit the bill for a Business user.

If it has to be something that is the coolest then it a choice between the iPaq with the barometric scanner & the Sony Clie with the built in megapixel camera. In terms of technology they have overtaken the Tungsten. Built in wi-fi, BT, larger memory, larger hi-res screen...

One thing to remember, platform compliance, Palm & Sony work on both the PC & MAC. In general the other's (running on Pocket PC) are only compatible with surprise surprise, PC. Pocket PC is geard more towards multimedia as opposed to the Palm OC (exception to the rule Sony Clies).

Then there's the PDA phones...

Hi all,

Haven't been around for awhile. First job, first weeks, man i miss school life. tongue.gif

Want to ask, are there any PDAphiles here? What's the coolest / bestest thing in the market now? As in, if you had a choice and budget isn't a problem, which would you get?

Appreciate any inputs on this.

(And no, this is not for myself. The company's thinking of buying one for the CEO to use.)

(Though i hope to get to play with it first. holiday.gif )

you might want to take a look at pocket pc......HP just released some new models of IPAQ...rather coolz...........

check out the local site for pocket pc

www.ppcsg.com

Bluetooth is a god send if you have it enabled on your cell phone, PDA & notebook.

p.s.

congratulations on the new job.

Edited by N@Z

Didn't want to start a new thread so I dug this up from the nether regions.

I'm wondering if any PDA owners or specifically Palm Tungsten T or similar have their's with an SD/MMC wi-fi card. If you do where can I get one or know where I can get one? How good is it? I'm too lazy to bring my Powerbook especially for travelling overseas.