Sign in to follow this  
bitsoffish

how resistant is er6i to tugs

the one time i screwed my er6i, i think it was because i overloaded its max power rating. the cables are surprisingly strong and persistant.

Edited by radioactive28

well, unless you have a tendency to grab your earphones in one handful and stuff them into a pocket full of things, the occasional strong accidental jerk shouldn't damage anything.

i once accidentally dropped my h320 with the er6i plugged in - ears and headphone jack - and the earphones saved my h320 :D

Edited by radioactive28

It is weak. It looks even weaker. But i still use it everyday.

(I know i may sound rude but i guess you know the answer yourself. You buy it, you take extra care of it. It IS weak. if your girl is weak, you take good care of her, vice versa.)

Scenario :

I bought the UM1 cause it was sturdier, cheaper and comes with better accessories even though the ER6i sounded better to my ears.

Q:What went wrong?

A:I forgot altogether the intention was to get a pair of good sounding earphones for my enjoyment. Instead, factors like built, price and accessories steered me away from the main deciding factor of my purchase.

Conclusion?

If you'd ask me, I'd rather have the privilege to enjoy the ER6i that breaks in a year's time than the UM1 that lasts (say 5 years) and try to live by each day trying to tell myself 'yes it doesnt sound right but let's bear with it till it breaks down'.

* please note that i'm not being biased towards the UM1, i'm only writing through personal experience and taste.

And yes to be frank most ACCIDENT tugs,etc , spoils your stuff (be it earphones or cellphones, etc). ACCIDENTAL tugs that doesn't rip or damage anything probably won't even deserve enough attention to be deemed ACCIDENTAL at all.

Say you dropped your phone and it's still intact. It's an accident but you wouldn't talk about it. But when you drop a phone that splits into 2, it'll haunt you for weeks even though both scenarios were accidents. So how ACCIDENTAL is ACCIDENT enough?