Sign in to follow this  
kyaw

New amp from Singlepower, anyone?

After reading the South Florida meet impressions on SP Extreme, it seems to be very versatile and can drive K1000, R10, RS-1, HD600/HD650 without sweating!

And what's more, the price is really attractive (US$899 or US$1600 for Extreme Platinum) !! However, I already have an Earmax Pro which serves me very well, shall I go for it? :unsure:

Decision decision.... I hate this hobby :ppth:

IPB Image

After reading the South Florida meet impressions on SP Extreme, it seems to be very versatile and can drive K1000, R10, RS-1, HD600/HD650 without sweating!

And what's more, the price is really attractive (US$899 or US$1600 for Extreme Platinum) !! However, I already have an Earmax Pro which serves me very well, shall I go for it? :unsure:

Decision decision.... I hate this hobby :ppth:

IPB Image

Yup, sounds damn good. Go for it. Maybe considering one myself. Still deciding.... too

suitable for everything, so interested~~~

im still waiting for mikhail to come up with a SS electrostatic amp

its impossible to find matched quads of mullard el34s now

im still waiting for mikhail to come up with a SS electrostatic amp

its impossible to find matched quads of mullard el34s now

its certainly appealing as it has an auto circuit that detects 6v or 12v tubes - hence the higher running voltage allows it to be used against different headphone designs.

from what i know in hifil, the best tube circuits are also the most direct and with the least complications to minimize noise. it remains to be seen if this new design can overcome that dilemma.

judging from the price - it looks like its positioned as a 'mid-priced amp" relative to the Singlepower Product lineup.