Sign in to follow this  
jmmtn4aj

Headphone amp prices here?

So recently I PMed a seller in the classifieds section inquiring about the HA20 he was selling. But I guess my offer sorta irked him, and I didn't receive a reply.

Anyway, what are the prices of the more popular budget (around.. $200 new?) head amps here? And where do I find them? Ideally the head amp should have RCA outs too, so amps like the CMOY or PA2V2 don't count I guess..

So recently I PMed a seller in the classifieds section inquiring about the HA20 he was selling. But I guess my offer sorta irked him, and I didn't receive a reply.

Anyway, what are the prices of the more popular budget (around.. $200 new?) head amps here? And where do I find them? Ideally the head amp should have RCA outs too, so amps like the CMOY or PA2V2 don't count I guess..

erm it actually depends,

PA2v2 and CMOY are both portable amps, so being portable, people usually hook it up to a portable device via lineout, so a RCA out is quite pointless in this sense.

RCA, coaxial;(sp??) and optical lineout usually applies for destop amps,so as to be hooked up to a CDP etc.

prices wise, the range is super wide, so i cannot really comment on that. $200 should be able to get you a decent amp in my opinion.

for sgd200 budget, you can get China made amps like Little Dot, Xiangsheng, Original Master Amp or DIY RA-1. You can join in the mass order for the Little Dot amps (both portable and desktop models) and once in a while, someone will bring in a Xiangsheng or Original Master amp.

erm it actually depends,

PA2v2 and CMOY are both portable amps, so being portable, people usually hook it up to a portable device via lineout, so a RCA out is quite pointless in this sense.

RCA, coaxial;(sp??) and optical lineout usually applies for destop amps,so as to be hooked up to a CDP etc.

prices wise, the range is super wide, so i cannot really comment on that. $200 should be able to get you a decent amp in my opinion.