Sign in to follow this  
skremble

need help choosing earphones

i do not want canal phones..so im choosing between akg k12p / akg k14p / mx350 / mx450 / mx550

any ideas wats the diff in sound quality for all the 3 mx ? i only know

350 - asymmetrical cord , no case

450 - symmetrical cord , with case

550 - symmetrical cord , with case , in-line volume control

so which should i go for among the 5 of them ? any idea wats the price for each of them? and where to get them?thank you

I have a set of akg k14p and they have very clear mids and treble, although a little lean on the bass. Didn't have a very good impression on the mx550 because it broke down 2 weeks after I got them.

stereo is probably the shop you should visit if you want to see both akg and sennheiser, if you decide on sennheisers, then best denki, courts, sim lim.

Of all the MX you left out the best MX500 dude. From personal experience MX500 has close to headphone quality audio and sometimes I can't tell the difference if not for the bass. It pwns even Sennheiser PX100 and PX200. But it's personal preference in music though.

BTW regarding MX550, I've tried it before. Sounds bad. Really bad for that money. I was nearly conned into buying it by the shopkeeper who claimed 550 of course >>> 500. Gay stuff. The audio was pure sh*t.

But I'm a sucker for AKG so I can't help you decide lol.

if you're willing to stretch your budget a little bit, the Sony E888 pwns all the Senn MX earphones you posted. I've both the MX500 and E888. There's absolutely no contest. :dance:

Price of E888 ranges from $64 - 79, depending on where you buy it from.

Edited by iAudio_rocks

That's because you don't keep it nicely. Mine's still live and kicking now, for two years already? But of course half a year after I bought it I got my SR80 so didn't really use it much. And considering the MX500 is only $35, it's really quality for money. Never tried the E888 so I can't comment.

But that money can get you a Sennheiser PX100, which sucks. So best thing is go around loaning earphones to test. lol