Sign in to follow this  
fuhsiang

Just a newbie ...

hi guys,

as suggested by ablaze, just wanna say hi (and yak yak away). I'm a lurker around here. :-)

me using the following setup ...

source -> MF X10D -> MF XTone -> MF XCans V2 -> Senn HD600

my sources (pls don't laugh at me) is either a Turtle Beach Santa Cruz card or a iSlimX IMP-350. But I'm saving up to get a NAD C541i and some nice tubes to replace the ones in the XCans.

Great to see all of you interested in headphone stuff. I started out only 1 year ago, so I'm still learning.

Just me,

Fuh Siang

Hi there, welcome to the forums. WOW, thats a lot of high end amps and stuff (I don't even know what the X-10D and X-tone are, but it sure sounds expensive tongue.gif ) but..for how much you spent on all that..its slightly amusing to find you running out of such relatively-low-end sources laugh.gif

what does the X-10D and X-tone do btw? happy.gif

I know X10D is a tube buffer. rolleyes.gif

Dose it improve the sound?

the X10d is a line conditioner, it sorts of compensates for the RLC components in a line, resistance, inductance and capacitance properties.

Well, it does improve the sound especially on the mids, when used with low end sources like mine .. *sob sob*

but if you were to use it with high end sources, I don't think you will notice much of a difference.

the XTone adjusts the tonality of the sound, to increase/ decrease the level of bass and treble.

Just me,

Fuh Siang

say, is anyone interested in upgrading the tubes (and the caps) in their XCans? I'm looking into doing it, but I guess it may be safer to do it in a group, since one or two of us may be super good in soldering (and perhaps cheaper too). It has been a LONG while since I've done soldering anyway ... :-)

Just me,

Fuh Siang

don't dare void warranty tongue.gif

but if you do find some good Mullard E88CCs for the X-cans, please share w00t.gif