Sign in to follow this  
LuNaOcEaN

Need advice on which headphone to get :)

Hiya I am pretty new here so need some advice:

1) Buying headphone - budget from 200-300 plus

Need something with reasonable bass, good clarity and good isolation as well?

2) Buying headphone amplifier - budget from 100-200

Can i have some recommendations on which portable amps to get for general use?

Really appreciate it if you guys could provide advise to these 2 issues, if possible please provide price and where would be good to get it? :)

Once again thanks for the help

Cheers :) + happy new year in advance hehe :D

Good bass and clarity and isolation? Do you want headphones or the in-ear types? What type of music do you listen to?

For headphones, since you want isolation, im suggesting closed headpones like the ATH A900/A700/A500, AKG K81 DJ, Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro, DT250 or Sony MDR 7605 or V6 (both are the same only diff is gold plating on the 7506 plugs)

for iems, hard to beat the UM1 but do check out these other models as well such as ER6(i), Super fi. 3, CK9 and iM716

for portable amps, 100-200 will get you alot of good amps like the go-vibe 5 or portaphile or little dot micro + or the xtra...

Sorri i forgot to mention that i want headphones that are "more" portable, regular sized ones. I listen to all sorts of music from chinese songs, retro-dance, r&b, trip-hop etc...

I already have the UM1, so i am going for headphones haha. For the amps that u have mentioned, where do i get them?

Thanks Mr Q00 :)

Appreciated your help in these areas

there is jaben network at the adelphi, that is the only place i am aware that sells most of the amps, for the little dot, there is a mass order goin on in the classifieds so u might want to place an order?

U mentioned Sony MDR 7605 or V6 (both are the same only diff is gold plating on the 7506 plugs), may i know where i can get the abovementioned headphone (MDR 7506) in Singapore and its retailing price?

Thanks!

For headphone maybe you can try grado since portable wise most probably cant fit in lol. Amp below 200 theres quite a few as pointed out unless you looking for desktop amps

U mentioned Sony MDR 7605 or V6 (both are the same only diff is gold plating on the 7506 plugs), may i know where i can get the abovementioned headphone (MDR 7506) in Singapore and its retailing price?

Thanks!

iirc stereo electronics has one set of 7506 (or is it v6? not very sure) when i visited them like 6 months ago.

well if you browse our headphone shop resource page here, you'll find out that one of the shop is at mustafa shopping centre. but the list was last updated 12 dec 2005, so please check it out yourself.

if you like the quality of the 7506, you might wanna check out the latest sony professional headphone i.e. mdr-7509hd. probably it has similar sound characteristic and one thing for sure the pad is truly circumaural (larger than 7506) according to this review.