Sign in to follow this  
Guest RockHopper

HD-280, PX100, CK7?

Guest RockHopper

Hello!

I have a budget of around 150$+

I had wanted to buy the HD280Pro here, but don't really know where to get them cheap. I saw the lowest US$ price as $70'ish, so is there any place here where I can get them for < $150?

If not, maybe I could go for some cheap IEM like the ck7 which will be within my budget or some headphone like PX100 or maybe the AudioTechnica Pro5 or some Panasonic one.

Can you help me find some place to buy cheap HD280Pros or tell me which ones to buy within my budget(some from the above or anything else)?

$150-$160 is actually the magic price window for good entry-level phones. for headphones, there're the ms-1, a500, ad500, and for iems, sf3 studio, um1. this is just a very small range which i considered before, there're many more options in this price range for you to explore.

Edited by Theatre Of Dreams

$150-$160 is actually the magic price window for good entry-level phones. for headphones, there're the ms-1, a500, ad500, and for iems, sf3 studio, um1. this is just a very small range which i considered before, there're many more options in this price range for you to explore.

Well.. if it's only these 3 models you are looking at... then go for CK7. If not, top up another $10 to get Westone UM1.

Edited by kevyan

I think its what you are looking for.

IEM ===> Good isolation but feel very uncomfortable with something shafting in your ear.

Headphone ===> Good sound but look funny if you wear it outside.

I am using HD280 Pro for about 2 years. And this headphone offered the best isolation even in noisy environment.

I am yet to find another replacement but the problem is always the isolation.

Guest RockHopper

I am using HD280 Pro for about 2 years. And this headphone offered the best isolation even in noisy environment.

I would love to buy them if only I could find them cheap enough! I read that they were at $150 at Mustafa, but they have no more stock :(

Oh god.

The HD-280 sounds like absolute crap. I would avoid it at all costs.

If you want the isolation, an IEM is much better.

Also give the K81DJ's a try but they may hurt your head depending on how large it is.

The PX100's are a good alternative for open cans. Also consider the Grado SR60's if you want open.

Oh and don't forget the Panasonic HTX7!

IEM ===> Good isolation but feel very uncomfortable with something shafting in your ear.

Headphone ===> Good sound but look funny if you wear it outside.

That's a hasty generalization. I personally love how comfortable IEMs (even triflanges) are as compared to a lot of full-sized headphones in Singaporean heat.

To original poster:

I assume you'll be using this outdoors, so I'll go with the CK7 suggestion (unless you're willing to top up $10 for a UM1, which I find really good). If you are using this indoors, try out the SR60 (open headphones, leaks in and out sound), especially if you like rock and metal.

Guest RockHopper

Got my UM1 today from Stereo ! :grin:

Thank you all for your help!

I assume you'll be using this outdoors, so I'll go with the CK7 suggestion (unless you're willing to top up $10 for a UM1, which I find really good).

At Stereo, they were for $40 more: CK7 for 119, UM1 for 159. I hope the price for the CK7 was higher at the place you looked, instead of UM1's being much cheaper!