Sign in to follow this  
Nan

iPod driving power? 100ohms impedance?

Hi, a few questions for the good folks out there....

1st, Can i use a 100 ohm impedance headphones on my ipod and will it sound rite? do i need a headphone amp?

2nd where can i get headphone amp? around less than $100

3rd where is SE and Jaben?

thanks man...

1. I really don't think you want to power something 100ohms with an iPod, think it's a gross mismatch of impedance and power.

2. The Little Dot Micro+ fits within your budget and will match with the 100ohms, costs around $50+ from clemo's MO. Or look out for people dumping theirs in the Classifieds.

3. SE: 4th(?) floor @Causeway Point.

Jaben: 4th(?) floor @Adelphi.

Edited by radioactive28

really? what do u mean by powering 100ohms using ipod? i tot the lower than 32 ohms than its not advisable? that means my pro.2 ph1000 cant be driven by my ipod? damned was so looking forward to use it when i get back home..

but if i use LDM+ then my headphones can be use with my ipod rite?

ya LDM+ can drive 100ohms easily

It's not that it cannot power your headphones, but you will need to drive up the volume control to hear at a reasonable level, saps power from the battery. Not the best for a portable player.

hi all

somehow my iPod Video 80GB can drive my 250ohm Beyer DT150 to sufficiently loud volume. I'm listening to it via line out, using Qsilver's dock adapter without volume control. Full volume. Some how I can take its volume. Just nice. Not fatiguing. I've tried driving it with portable amp, but my ears can't hear much difference. In fact, driving iPod full out seems to sound better. :rclxms::cans:

U adjust your songs volume to +100% in itunes?

lol thats impressive