Sign in to follow this  
Hoku

Recommend a headphone for digital/electronic Piano

Hello guys! I'm going to purchase a Yamaha P70 digital piano, and also planning to get a headphone to use on it. Will really appreciate it if you guys can recommend me on a set of cans for this.

Budget $150. Not set in concrete though. Nothing too pricey. Was thinking of Grados SR60, but not sure is it good for pure piano types anot.

Since you are using the piano with headphones, the object is to not disturb the neighbours while practicing. You should consider one of the closed cans, which puts Grado out. You can look at Audio Technica range.

But I don't think open cans are loud enough to disturb neighbours unless you mean the people right beside them. Audio Technica do have nice closed cans like A900 but they tend to get quite warm after a while.

-ohn' date='14 Feb 2007, 10:27 AM' post='89316']

But I don't think open cans are loud enough to disturb neighbours unless you mean the people right beside them. Audio Technica do have nice closed cans like A900 but they tend to get quite warm after a while.

Do you own a piano and have you ever tried practicing at night?

Do you own a piano and have you ever tried practicing at night?

Threadstarter just wanted a recommendation for a headphone for a digital piano, I don't think he mentioned anything about playing in the night or even if he's looking for a headphone because it was too noisy playing it.

I don't have a digital piano but a acoustic piano that my kid plays and he usually don't connect a headphone to it so frankily speaking, I don't know if it would still be noisy enough to disturb the neighbours even with open headphone on?? I mean I know you can hear a open can from a distance but neighbours?

For the threadstarter, read from the internet that your P70 weighs 13kg and only if it's not too troublesome to bring your digital piano along, you can bring them along to audition the headphones to confirm for yourself that what you hear is what you want.

Cheers ^_^

-ohn' date='16 Feb 2007, 10:19 AM' post='89408']

Threadstarter just wanted a recommendation for a headphone for a digital piano, I don't think he mentioned anything about playing in the night or even if he's looking for a headphone because it was too noisy playing it.

I don't have a digital piano but a acoustic piano that my kid plays and he usually don't connect a headphone to it so frankily speaking, I don't know if it would still be noisy enough to disturb the neighbours even with open headphone on?? I mean I know you can hear a open can from a distance but neighbours?

For the threadstarter, read from the internet that your P70 weighs 13kg and only if it's not too troublesome to bring your digital piano along, you can bring them along to audition the headphones to confirm for yourself that what you hear is what you want.

Cheers ^_^

If you are so concerned about the thread, then answer the question and recommend a headphone.

By neighbours, I meant to include people in the next room.

Hello Hoku

Before we could really recommend you any headphones, perhaps you can give us a little more information?

1) What sort of music u play on your piano?

2) Are you going to use your headphones with anything else? If so, what type of music do you listen to?

3) Are you want full sized headphones or IEMs?

You should look at headphones with low impedance so that you'll be able to control the volume better.

p.s. though the P70 is cheap, i'll urge you to consider older models. The touch, sound quality and the finishing of the P60 is A LOT better than the P70.