Sign in to follow this  
MalHead

P2AV2 or Headfive amp available in Singapore

Hi loop_

Have you use any of these amp before? Or anyone can share their experience on these amp with the cans they use? Read review somewhere that they work well with Grado/Alessandros cans. Any input is most welcome.

Thanks

Malcolm

hmmm

I don't own either but I've tried both before.

I tried the headfive with a cambridge azur 640cv2 and a hd600. It was not bad really! don't know how to describe the sound, but i'd say that if you like your music to be lively it's probably not the one for you. Quite laid back feel to it

As regards the PA2V2, I can't remember what I tried it with, but there are more than enough reviews on that even on sgheadphones. you should search PA2V2 by Mackie.

What headphone do you currently have? Or are you thinking of getting a setup from scratch? what type of music do you like?

Thanks for the input. I don't have any cans now, but planning to get a set of good cans. Currently, only own a Bose system. Sorry I couldn't find the thread from Mackie on the P2AV2 headamp review. Can you pass me the link. I plan to go down to Stereo tomorrow afternoon to try out a few cans, likely MS1, MS2, SR225, K601, etc if possible, basically in the budget range of below S$400. Read that Grado cans don't need amp, but the rest like Sennheiser, AKG and Audio Technica preferably should have to drive the cans.

In terms of cans, which one/s do you think is/are most neutral, without emphasizing on the high and low?

Music preference: instrumental, jazz, pop, new-age, but not rock and other heavy stuff.

Care to recommend? Thanks in advance.

Was wondering about your impressions. I personally loved instrumentals and jazz with the Azur 640c + MF Xcan V3 + K701 combination in Stereo.

Thanks for the input. I don't have any cans now, but planning to get a set of good cans. Currently, only own a Bose system. Sorry I couldn't find the thread from Mackie on the P2AV2 headamp review. Can you pass me the link. I plan to go down to Stereo tomorrow afternoon to try out a few cans, likely MS1, MS2, SR225, K601, etc if possible, basically in the budget range of below S$400. Read that Grado cans don't need amp, but the rest like Sennheiser, AKG and Audio Technica preferably should have to drive the cans.

In terms of cans, which one/s do you think is/are most neutral, without emphasizing on the high and low?

Music preference: instrumental, jazz, pop, new-age, but not rock and other heavy stuff.

Care to recommend? Thanks in advance.

Hi Malhead,

If you want to get good cans (e.g. HD600, K701) u'll probably need a good amp to drive em. the PA2v2 is largely a portable amp, and it will most definitely not do justice to these cans. Also, the PA2v2 has a warmish quality which may "distort" the neutrality that you might be looking for.

Your original question about the amps, well u can either buy from the manufacturer themselves OR buy second hand... They pop up in the classifieds quite a bit.

Edited by warsurferX