Sign in to follow this  
Username

DIY-er Help!

As weird as this sounds, the one component I have a hard time sourcing is an isolated DC jack, I've searched KOBA, SLT already. Anyone knows where can I get one? I know oversea part sourcing sites carry them, but the shipping is ridiculous.

Or if you have surpluses and extra from previous projects, I am willing to buy one off you! Thanks! :D

As weird as this sounds, the one component I have a hard time sourcing is an isolated DC jack, I've searched KOBA, SLT already. Anyone knows where can I get one? I know oversea part sourcing sites carry them, but the shipping is ridiculous.

Or if you have surpluses and extra from previous projects, I am willing to buy one off you! Thanks! :D

You can DEFINITELY find it in Sim Lim Tower level 4. I think Kaichin have it. Bell Electronics and Sunlight, all should have it. I just bought two from one of these shops. Another place is the basement of Sim Lim Tower, near the stairs to Rochor Rd, the shop in the corner selling lots of components. If I am not wrong, they even have different sizes. Cost is about $1.50 to $2 each.

Edited by heady

Something like this (left)?

IPB Image

Kai Chin has it. I believe a few other shops have it too. I can't remember the price now.

Regards

CK

Heady, Thanks, looks like I need to make another trip there today. (3 days in a row, jackpot!)

Ckng: The one on the left is not isolated, the one on the right is not panel mount. I bought both from KOBA and realise that there was no way I could put this in my PPA.

Edited by Username

This is the type of isolated DC jack you can get. Sorry this is the only pic I have at short notice.

Pair_of_PINTs_02.jpg

Yep, that's what I bought! Thanks Heady! Now awaiting my orders from Farnell and Tangent... :)

Cant wait!

Btw, how do you drill such large holes? Hand drill?

Edited by Username

A regular drill should be able to drill up to 10mm or so. Anything bigger may require a reamer or panel punch if you want clean holes. The latter is available from Farnell - Something like this.

Regards

CK

I used a stepped drill bit - something like this:

http://www.axminster.co.uk/product-Axminst...t-Set-20339.htm

But what ckng suggested, the punch, gives the best result. The drill bit I used, really needs to be used in bench press, which I don't have.

And, I am curious. What are you building? Why not start a build thread and show the pics during your progress?

Edited by heady