eugen3

Need Help on IEMs

Hi everyone,

i currently own a pair of um1s.

planning on upgrading to customs (namely ES1) coz i dont wanna keep spending money on comply tips (which give the best fit coz my canals are uneven on both sides)

i cant justify spending 800 bucks on a pair of es2s

so i would like to know how the es1s fare against the um1/2s?

i listen mainly to rock, pop, jazz sometimes and i like heavy bass.

also, how much are the es1s?

thanks!

lol ES1 starting to get trendy

thanks to me :P

Edited by Xiao_Catz

aiya 30% off for ES2 i confirm take :D~

You could always get a custom mold for your UM1 if the cost is prohibitive.

No doubt the sound signature will be different, but i'll still come in useful if you decide to switch to another IEM.

Don't take this the wrong way, but speaking practically, unless you can really spare the cash, and have no expectations on sound signature, you're better off not taking the risk of an investment with potentially no returns (in both sound and money).

Put in another way, I see threads like these ("Is this custom for me?" or "How does this custom sound?" or something like that) as a sign that the OP might not stomach the possible loss/disappointment very well.

Personally, I see the cost of a custom as a toll to find out what the custom sounds like. (Unless you have blessed ears that can take other people's custom...)

No review can be objective and tell you what exactly the custom will sound like to your ears.

Edited by radioactive28

You could always get a custom mold for your UM1 if the cost is prohibitive.

No doubt the sound signature will be different, but i'll still come in useful if you decide to switch to another IEM.

Don't take this the wrong way, but speaking practically, unless you can really spare the cash, and have no expectations on sound signature, you're better off not taking the risk of an investment with potentially no returns (in both sound and money).

Put in another way, I see threads like these ("Is this custom for me?" or "How does this custom sound?" or something like that) as a sign that the OP might not stomach the possible loss/disappointment very well.

Personally, I see the cost of a custom as a toll to find out what the custom sounds like. (Unless you have blessed ears that can take other people's custom...)

No review can be objective and tell you what exactly the custom will sound like to your ears.

agree ! :rclxms:

juz asking for opinions here

so in the end i maybe will drop off custom and get a SR325i or wait for Ws3

Edited by Xiao_Catz

i heard that some of the custom molds become loose and dont fit to the monitors after a while...

and xiaocatz what excactly are you looking for now? first you say you want ue something, then westone then create so many different threads about what iem you think you should get and now you say agree and dont wanna get custom

"just asking for opinions" should be on YOUR thread, im still looking for opinions, thank you.

anyway i doubt you are really serious about getting customs at all.

i heard that some of the custom molds become loose and dont fit to the monitors after a while...

and xiaocatz what excactly are you looking for now? first you say you want ue something, then westone then create so many different threads about what iem you think you should get and now you say agree and dont wanna get custom

"just asking for opinions" should be on YOUR thread, im still looking for opinions, thank you.

anyway i doubt you are really serious about getting customs at all.

it all depends -_-

and for your information i only have 2 thread asking about customs consider that identification is a ripped off

tha WS3 thread is juz updating everyone and wat UE something? can't u see my sig?

Edited by Xiao_Catz

depends on what??

and i dont get what you are saying by "consider that identification is a ripped off "

and i am still looking for opinions so pls stop crapping my thread. thanks.

Back to the topic at hand...

eugen3, you said you're probably not going to get the ES1 if it sounds like the UM1? Thing is, they won't be the same (judging by the comments on ES2/UM2), but no one has an answer as to how different they are.

And have you done any maths on the comply expenses?

Assuming you use 1 pair a week, and SE sells them at $16 for 3 pairs, the estimated cost of an ES1 given above ($640) can buy you 120 pairs - about 2 years' worth.

hm but both es1 and um1 are using the same drivers right.

yep that is the main reason why i want to upgrade to customs.

the complys are really costly and the shure soft flex ones don't fit my ear properly.

hm but both es1 and um1 are using the same drivers right.

yep that is the main reason why i want to upgrade to customs.

the complys are really costly and the shure soft flex ones don't fit my ear properly.

ES2 & UM2 are using the same drivers too,but different positioning.

i don't know what other housings/drivers they fixed in ES2,but it sounds just better.

so i dare to say ES1 confirm better sounding than UM1,but this is just my mindset.

if ES2 is the better then um2 then ES1 is sure to be better then Um1 but by how much no one knows for sure