ffrr

mp3 player that lasts?

anyone can recommend an mp3 player that lasts long? the previous creative and china-made easytech players i got couldnt even last me beyond 1 year even with 1 RMA each!

i think no mp3 player will last long if u dun take good care of it

Btw my 5G ipod is going 1.5 years and still going strong :D

Edited by Xiao_Catz

lol...

my iriver iFP is still lasting since 2003.. :grin: sturdy little thing..

I have always assumed flash players can last longer than HDDs as they have moving components.. correct me if im wrong though..

However,

I wont comment on the newer players since I do not own them..

Worse come the worst.. Buy a mp3 player(with reliable warranty) from a shop that provides good after-sales service... :beer:

-edited because I realise I have quite a bit of typo.. =X

Edited by metrablue

creative's player are quite durable my old Jukebox Zen Xtra is around 4 years old and its still

running smoothly

lol...

my iriver iFP is still lasting since 2003.. :grin: sturdy little thing..

I have always assumed flash players can last only than HDDs as they ahve moving components.. correct me if im wrong though..

However,

I wont comment on the newer players since I do not own them..

Worse come the worst.. Buy a mp3 player(with reliable warranty) from a shop that provides good after-sales service... :beer:

actually HD player if u dun drop or electromagnetized can last very long one

Edited by Ch@osR3born3d

At some point, Creative had major issues with QC. I can't remember where I heard horror stories of poor soldering on the PCB.

But. The issue in the end is about how you use and take care of your player.

HDD players are no-go if you intend to listen while running, jumping et cetera - the standard advice.

The iriver T10 and T30 look pretty sturdy, but I've no actual experience with them, and they cost quite a premium, being what they are.

metrablue has a good point about the after-sales service, though I think locally, most companies only offer up to a year of warranty.

Strangely enough, the warranty is usually gone when you need it most.

True, that Creative has issue with their QC for some models. But some models are pretty good. So, really depend on review and user experience.

I have a Muvo 200, still going strong, despite the battery cover need scotch tape to keep it in place. Had some problem when first bought, but Creative support is pretty good and responsive, and the problem fixed with firmware upgrade.

Recently just bought the old model of Zen Micro Photo. I bought it because it is very cheap for an 8Gb player, only SGD 179.-, online price. And the battery is easily replaceable. It sounds good, better than my Muvo, I guess because the battery has higher voltage than muvo. So far I'm happy with it :) Just a bit big and heavy for todays size, but for the price and quality... really, must buy one :))