Mike_Ong

Sennheiser HD500A

Hi,

I'm looking for an alternative(cheaper, but with similar spec) to this model of head phone, I need this head phone for Therapeutic Listening purpose.

Sennheiser HD500A specifications are:

Right and Left ear designation

open system

NON wireless

frequency range of 23KHz and above

impedance of 150ohms

Hope I can get some advice from you guys here. Thanks.

Best Regards,

Mike

We all listen to music for therapeutic reasons :-)

1) Dont look at specifications to buy any gear.

2) Audition using familiar music.

3) Trust your ears over other people's opinion.

4) Remember that it's a system you're listening to and not just a particular component.

Hi Rameish,

Thanks for the reply, actually I'm using it for my child (speciall need) music therapy. And they recommend headphone with these spec for these purpose. Heard that Sennheiser will increase their price again, hence like to find alternative if there's any. Thanks

Rgds

Mike

Hi Mike,

don't think anyone here would be familiar with Therapeutic Listening headphones...more retail therapy for us...

anyway, if you haven't bought the headphone already, i was just looking up on the internet and came across this cheaper version, the PRO-50 Pro-Luxe Headphones

http://www.vitalsounds.com/SearchResult.aspx?CategoryID=2

Also, if you go to www.headphone.com, they have a wide range of headphones where you can look for the right specifications to suit your needs.

It does seem though that the hd500a is the only model that is made specifically for TL, so it might be the best choice, even if a little pricey (vitalsounds ships internationally as well so that might be cheaper than getting it locally).

Hope your child will enjoy the headphones as much as I do mine. :)

Hi Mike,

I was wondering if you ever found an alternative headphone for the Sennheisers. I am now on a search of my own for therapeutic listening. Did you end up using the Pro Luxe? How are they? Wondering if the therapeutic listening worked. Thanks for any info!

Karyn