Sign in to follow this  
pshing

DAC or Sound Card gives better quality?

My computer is currently using build-in sound card and i cant bear with the noise when i listen to music thru my px200.

So i am thinking of getting either a better sound card or a DAC. I dont play game so i dont really need those 3D effects.

Around $100 budget, which would give a better quality of sound?

I dont intend to get anything more than $150, coz i dont think my earpieces can deliever the sound quality the expensive sound card / DAC can produce.

Any suggestion are welcome~ =)

Problem with $100 budget is theres no dac tat cheap and good lol. Not very informed in this field maybe u see if someone can answer regarding dac.

For soundcard I do know of some cheap one that are pretty good. It just somehow slip my mind. Anyone here knows the name?

Cos i see some china website selling DAC below 100 bucks. Just interested to know more about the quality of the china made DAC.

Anyone using those DAC would like to comment? :grin:

I'm using the china DAC sold by Huangyong. It sounds ok, nothing spectacular but for the price I am very very satisfied. if you don't like hiss this one is very quiet. Can find his post in the classifieds or maybe try headphonehaven where he's a mod.

The problem with getting a DAC, is that unless it also comes with a headphone amplifier circuit, you'll need to get another headphone amp, which is what I do atm when I want to use headphones with my laptop. That will cost you, and in that case a soundcard might be cheaper overall.

problem with the soundcard is that you still might get a noisy background. Best you go to some place where you can try it.

Edited by loop_