Sign in to follow this  
DemonicAngelz

Another "Recommend me a headphone" thread again.

Yah, its another one of those "Recommend me a headphone" threads. Sorry for having to start this, I think many are already quite bored of seeing these threads, but I would like to make some inquiries.

I have read my threads in this forum and am still not able to decide on a pair of earphones to buy, so I would like some opinions and recommendations on some headphones before going down to Jaben's or SE to try.

Well, I mainly listen to Chinese pop :cans: with the occasional jazz and others.

I own a pair of Westone UM1s, but dun really like the feeling of sticking something into my ear.

I am looking for something good for day-to-day use on MRT, buses, etc. Preferably comfortable. Doesn't matter if its abit hard to drive as I am looking at an portable amp sometime in the near future when my hole in the pocket mends... Maybe I would sell my UM1s for an amp. :shifty:

I was thinking of the MS1, SR60, SR80 or maybe AKG K-81DJ

Edited by DemonicAngelz

SR60 or MS-1 + OUTDOORS = VERY bad. they're open cans. That means you can't hear your music but everyone can hear yours.

Yah. I was worrying about that. I will go deaf if I crank up the volume somemore.. and no noise cancelling. Thats why I was thinking about AKG K81DJ. This one is closed cans right?

i have 1.. but haven't try it with a amp before.. i plug mine straight to x-fi...

it can filter out noise very well... U can't hear anything else when music is playing in the can...

i have 1.. but haven't try it with a amp before.. i plug mine straight to x-fi...

it can filter out noise very well... U can't hear anything else when music is playing in the can...

Hm.. read some reviews on it. Looks good on paper. Will add to my list of to-try-out headphones :)

:thumbup:

Lol. The K81DJ doesnt suit my taste unless you are really a basshead. The only thing tat is good about this headphone is the bass, other den that the SQ and stuff isn't going anywhere near the grados. Comfortability is another issue, i had to stretch my mouth every few minutes to make it feel better. But then that is my opinion. Some people rather go for this headphone than a MS-1.

So my best option is that you go down for auditioning b4 you get 1.

Try the MS-1, SR-125 or the HD-485. I think this are more popular cans.

Lol. The K81DJ doesnt suit my taste unless you are really a basshead. The only thing tat is good about this headphone is the bass, other den that the SQ and stuff isn't going anywhere near the grados. Comfortability is another issue, i had to stretch my mouth every few minutes to make it feel better. But then that is my opinion. Some people rather go for this headphone than a MS-1.

So my best option is that you go down for auditioning b4 you get 1.

Try the MS-1, SR-125 or the HD-485. I think this are more popular cans.

SR-125 is open cans right? I think MS-1 is better than this..

The HD-485 looks tempting also.

I got the same thoughts for the AKG K81DJ also, abit concerned about the grip and bass, which I would rather have something less bassy and better midrange.

the HD280s have been popular for quite a while now. Good isolation headphones.

Hmm... can i suggest the KSC75? havent heard them but plenty swears by them.

the HD280s have been popular for quite a while now. Good isolation headphones.

Hmm... can i suggest the KSC75? havent heard them but plenty swears by them.

I dun really like those "clip" types... :think: Just personal preference I guess

Hmm, very smiliar requirements to mine. I've tried some Audio-Technica's at Jaben, but don't quite like them (the vocals part), but your taste might differ.

Some good closed headphones you can consider.

1. AKG K81DJ

2. Audio Technica ATH-ES7

3. AKG K530 ( a little big and only available in white colour)

If you can up another $100, I would recommend the Audio Technica ATH-ANC7.

Hmm, very smiliar requirements to mine. I've tried some Audio-Technica's at Jaben, but don't quite like them (the vocals part), but your taste might differ.

What did you buy in the end? :grin:

Some good closed headphones you can consider.

1. AKG K81DJ

2. Audio Technica ATH-ES7

3. AKG K530 ( a little big and only available in white colour)

If you can up another $100, I would recommend the Audio Technica ATH-ANC7.

I don't really fancy the design of Audio Technica ATH-ES7 and AKG K530. Have also read some bad reviews on AKG K530. I think the better choice is the K81DJ, but I am afraid of the tight grip being a concern.

As for the Audio Technica ATH-ANC7, its 320Ohms impedance, I'd probably need an amp to drive this but with me spending an extra $100 on it, it doesn't seem to be worth the shot. :think: Especially when I am running tight on a budget of $200. I was thinking of buying a pair of good decent headphones for $200 first and maybe getting an amp with $100. I dun think I have the extra cash to spend on both... :doh: