Sign in to follow this  
NOback

Help my UM1!

i somehow got bluetacks in the left hole of my um1 and tried using the pin that comes along to remove it , but there are still some left inside , And now one is louder than the other. I hope the filter did not broke when removing the blue tacks . :helpsmilie:

I think this is abit the stupid suggestion la, but can you like twist the blue tack you have now into one small extension enough to reach into the UM1 to slowly try to get it out?

This begs the questions of how the blue tack got in there in the first place, but...

I'm not entire sure about this, but I believe the filter is green, or some rather distinct colour. If the filter is broken, you see a hole running all the way past the metal collar that is part of the filter.

As for the remaining blue tack, you need to be _very careful_, but it's probably possible to use a sewing needle to get it out. Go for bits of blue tack that you actually see; don't dig blindly into the tube.

mhm i don think the filter is broken yet . Mhm will that cause the difference of volume ? or only the left over bluetacks at the middle of the filter. Are there ways removing the filter ? And the filter seems blurry than the right one . How to remove ?

Edited by NOback

mhm i don think the filter is broken yet . Mhm will that cause the difference of volume ? or only the left over bluetacks at the middle of the filter. Are there ways removing the filter ? And the filter seems blurry than the right one . How to remove ?

Patience lor... Just try with needle :innocent:

Just saw yr prob here. You could try using a big piece and stick the rest out. But the question remains: what the hell is blu-tak doing in yr um1 in the 1st place?!

I used a method from headfi removing the filters . Sound changed o.o Bass got lesser , treble plus sound stage improved .