Sign in to follow this  
wes88

Standard Sony In-ear phones

Hey guys just want to check out whether the Sony's in-ear phones(from walkman handphones) can be compared with any other canal phones.

It is obviously much better than any other typical earbuds since it isolate noise, gives clearer sound. The only thing i am not really satisfied is the bass. So i would also like to know if there are any earphones that gives a better bass and clarity.

Hey guys just want to check out whether the Sony's in-ear phones(from walkman handphones) can be compared with any other canal phones.

It is obviously much better than any other typical earbuds since it isolate noise, gives clearer sound. The only thing i am not really satisfied is the bass. So i would also like to know if there are any earphones that gives a better bass and clarity.

I haven't got 1 sony since my schooling time, but their wires tends to break often... and if u are talking about stock earphones from players/hp definately a no match for those u purchased... do try out at shops b4 buying

The Sony Walkman phones uses something similar to the EX71/51 and possibly performs the same. I compared a pair of Sony EX71 in-ear earphones with the Creative EP630, the EP630 is miles better with a fuller sound and deeper bass. The EX71 sounds thinner by comparison. You might want to give the EP630 a try.

Regards

CK

Hey thx guys for the comments. I heard about the mylar3 so i think i am going to try that. Wanted to try the UE and the UM but they are a little pricy.

Hey thx guys for the comments. I heard about the mylar3 so i think i am going to try that. Wanted to try the UE and the UM but they are a little pricy.

You should also try the recently available Sony MDR-EX90LP. It's an improvement compared with the EX71 and cost similar to lowest end UE model...

Most importantly, it does not seal up your ears like other IEM so it's safer to use when out on the street...