Sign in to follow this  
The Audio Hub

Recommend new cans.

Tried the MS1 today, absolutely loved it

Any other recommendations, i think the alessandro/grado line cans are just right for me.

Also i think my DAP not enough power to drive it, have to push it to near max for the MS1 to sing properly.

Thinking of a Portable headamp, any recommendations?

And what time do Jaben open? i went there at 1 today still close..Zzzz

Ermm... your DAP can't drive the MS-1? But they're just 32ohms you know.... Hmm... :think:

Hmm... that's quite scary actually. you listen to music pretty loud huh?

anyway, you did not specidically mention wanting headphones. Would you consider IEMs? You won't need an amp to drive them to incredibly loud volumes.. and a lot of portable (you are looking for portables... rite?)

Well, cans do imply headphones, traditionally.

I think you should stay away from open cans if you're listening on the go.

Especially if you use the X5L and still have to go near max volume.

The Senn HD280 are pretty sturdy and closed too, but you should listen and see if the sound fits your preference. Then there's also Sony's V6.

I'd second warsurferX's suggestion: IEMs don't absorb [a lot of] sweat, are very portable and can go loud [enough to make your ear bleed] if you're so inclined :P

Can but i need to put to near max to have it perform to a volume that i enjoy my music.

Just try not listening to so loud. My ears are now having problem. I am using HD280 Pro ( 64 ohms ) & the Iriver H340 volume just need to set to 25 is already loud enough for me.

Anyway, I am using a portable amp now.

Edited by Jeremy

The only thing that keeps me away from IEM is the ear buds,

not really incline to have earwax when you pull it out.

But i guess i'll give it a try if i can.

I guess i'm used to loud music that way i can hear every note and tone articulate properly, could be the guitarist background influence but anyhow i find i can't pick up any details.

Hi, I am new here and now my 2 cents worth :)

Maybe you can try a Grado SR-60 and a C&C Portable amp? I think they sound quite good together but that's just me.

Cheers!