Sign in to follow this  
csleena

Help needed to re-solder Storm B4 headphone amp

Hi,

I received a Storm B4 headphone amp yesterday morning. It was working fine but there was a rattling sound when I moved the amp.

Thinking there must be something loose inside and hoping to fix it, I opened it. The battery pack was loose. After fixing it, I try to put the stuff back but accidentaly drop it and the wire connection between the battery pack and the circuit board is now disconnected.

Can anybody help me to re-solder back the connection?

I can help if you stay in Tampines or Simei.

Thanks CS, glad to help. Got to look at your amp too. I really like the casing, so stylo. :))

loop_, all you need is time to save up. I've met CS and let me tell you he has had time to save up. :) I only wish I can save like him... :D

Heady,

Thanks a lot for fixing up the connections. The battery charger is working well.

After a short burn-in period of about 20 hours, the veil was lifted and the Storm amp sounded wonderful although a bit loud for even the ER4S. Even at 8o'clock position it was already quite loud.

But it synergises very well with my AKG701, fantastic sounds from my ipod. I did an A-B comparison with my Supermacro IV and the Storm sounded warmer with better sound stage, couldn't believe my ears. The Storm didn't sound so well with the Senn 650 partly because of the heavier bass of the 650. The ipod/Storm/AKG is now my bedside set.

For those guys who are impatient to wait for the Hornet, Xin Supermacro or Larocco, have a look at this China made Storm B4 portable Headphone Amp.

Hi CS. Am curious, where you bought this amp and also approx price (dunno whether mod allow prices here or not?)

From looking at the amp, it looks like a pimeta as it uses BUF634 to buffer the output. It also uses a dual opamp for the L/R but there is an adaptor board with two single opamps plugged into the dual socket. Are the L/R opamps original or modded by you?

Thanks.

Edited by heady

The amp is bought from eBay. You can check this at

http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...54864&rd=1&rd=1

What you saw was the original, no mods. There are some chat and specs at Head-fi on this amp at this address:-

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=231001

I think we are OT on the DIY Section. Maybe we can discuss this under Amps. I will start the topic there.

I think we are OT on the DIY Section. Maybe we can discuss this under Amps. I will start the topic there.

You are right. Oops. :blush:

loop_, all you need is time to save up. I've met CS and let me tell you he has had time to save up. :) I only wish I can save like him... :D

I also wish I could save like him. Actually, I just wish I could save. :mellow: