Sign in to follow this  
EvilSWAT

Fullsized Headphones Under $100?

Hey guys, I'm new here, a friend of mine recommended me this forum, saying that this place would provide me the best answer for my question..

I'm trying to purchase a few fullsized earphones for me and 3 others, with a budget of $100 per person. We want something that blocks out most of the ambient noise around us, yet allows us to hear the person beside us speaking, so no noise-cancelling phones for us please. The headphones are also the type where the cans totally swallow the ear, a bit like the Senn HD555 or the like, I think we're looking at open-type circumaural headphones, IIRC.

I've done a little looking around at Stereo Electronics, was recommended either the Philips SHP895 ($99) and the Goldring DR50 ($80), both were excellent for our use, but do you happen to know any other good choices out there? I'm not so informed about shop locations too, so if at all possible, can you put the exact location of the shop too?

Thanks a lot in advance guys, really appreciate any help given here :D

I can't really think of many choices at this point, but won't open circumaurals let in almost all the ambient noise?

You have been to Stereo Electronics. Jaben is at The Adelphi (opposite Funan Centre, near City Hall MRT), on the top floor, near the staircase.

One really cheap option is the Sennheiser HD201... ;)

Hmmm.. do the HD201s fall under the <$100 range?

It's really difficult to get full sized cans at the price pt. perhaps you should just get the Philips SHP895 ($99) and the Goldring DR50 ($80) as recommended. Or maybe go down to Jaben for advice before making your final decision.