Senn CX 300

IPB Image

Creative EP-630

IPB Image

Edifier H260

IPB Image

Razer ProTone m100

IPB Image

Bought the Razer ProTone m100 for my wife, from Hung Bros. Haven't tried the other clones from different manufacturer.

After using it for a few days, I would say, I like it :)

Pros:

- Excellent Bass

- Light and Comfortable (depends on one's ears)

Cons:

- Slightly sharp treble and recess mid high.

- Would nice if it sounds more 'open and natural'

If you're used with Grado, I think the highs of the Razer is no problem for you. For those looking for warm and thick vocal, you might look other model. Don't get me wrong, the vocal is fine for the price (SGD 50 - 60 category), but not it's forte. Basshead, this cans is for you! :)

Just recently check creative website, the creative model is cheaper, only SGD 45.-. I think it is worth the price if it sounds the same :)

Conclusion, the best isolated cans (period) for it's price category (SGD 50-60) that I've tested so far. Recommended ! :)

Added 30 May 2007:

After longer burnt in and careful listening, I withdraw my conclusion for m100 as best sounding cans for it's price category. The reason is, the mid high and high are kind of unnatural to my ears. It lacks of transparency and brightness, and sounds a bit offensive for cymbal or other instruments that need natural high and mid high.

But it is still worth the price, comfortable, and sounds good for some music. Still recommended, but with notes, depend on your music :)

Edited by bpribadi

Same housing but different driver.

I find that between those housing,i would take the cx300.

Find that the creative ep630 is too muddy.

Razer is lacking on something.

While the cx300 just fine but not worth it

I haven't tried the Edifier H260

Yeah, the razer is not perfect, but enjoyable enough for the price :)

My only complaint with the razer is the 'openness', the big bass somehow make the overall sound 'less open', or a bit muddy, less soundstage. But I would say, for the price, it's a good buy. The CX 300, if not sounds better, a cheat :)

Edited by bpribadi

Conclusion, the best isolated cans (period) for it's price category (SGD 50-60) that I've tested so far. Recommended ! :)

Have your tried the cans from Crossroads Mylar? How do these compare?

Edited by izack

I'm keen to know as well, as my ATH CK7 just spoiled, I'm looking for M3 or another razer m100 (I bought one for my wife). I'm looking for people who ever tried both of them :)

if the razer is anywhere near the ep630 then mylarone X3 definitely beat the razer hands down considering mylar3 sounded better than the UM1 to me.