flashlight

Any user opinions on the Meizu M3?

Am contemplating getting one & did a search but need not find much info. How's the sound quality, user-friendliness & durability like? Also would it benefit from coupling with a mini-amp (if so which one) or is it good enough on it's own. Planning to use it with IEMs. TIA.

Meizu m3 should be fine judging from the m6. Tried the m6 for a bit. It's lovely but do note the hissing problem. Not too sure about the m3 though.

Meizu m3 should be fine judging from the m6. Tried the m6 for a bit. It's lovely but do note the hissing problem. Not too sure about the m3 though.

Thanks. Heard that the M6 is more stable (in terms of firmware) & bassy than the M3 but M3's screen is brighter & clearer in daylight & trebles & mids are more pronounced than the M6's. Maybe the hissing sound is due to the particular earphones/headphones you tested them with?

Edited by flashlight

Apparently, the hiss is inherent to the player and will affect a lot of low-impedance 'phones, meaning it'll be glaringly obvious on anything that isolates.

You can search Head-fi for more info, there're some threads dedicated to the Meizu players.

With regards to amping, the M6's output rating is pretty powerful, should be way more than enough for IEMs/canalphones.

(In fact, if you want to believe the numbers fully, it _should_ be able to drive the ER4S to ear-splitting volumes.)

Edited by radioactive28

But the M6 has bigger screen and looks better. Also M3 has some new control interface right?

nah, like I said I don't plan to view movies, photos etc so don't need bigger screen. The M3 controls are not too difficult to get used to I think.

Only disadvantages of the M3 seem to be shorter battery life & fewer firmware updates.

Oh, I was thinking having a bigger screen couldn't hurt. Least there's more eye candy to go with your music. Then again, bigger screen means bigger fingerprint magnet. Looks like m3's the way to go then...