Sign in to follow this  
skatropic

Um1 or Mylar3?

hello guys.

Im a new member in the forum and i would some recommendations.

I have been planning to buy a um1 for quite a while now, until i saw reviews of mylar3 in this forum.

The mylar got real good praises about its sound and price.

The price of a mylar is less than half than that of a UM1. Thats a real good thing. :DD

But how about the sound? :think:

Which has more details in terms of clarity? Bass? Highs? Lows? Durability?

Thanks for helping out.

The UM1 sounds to me like the Mylar One Classic. The Mylar ONe X3 is way beyond that. Off course that's just my humble opnion. Come to Jaben this Friday evening and find out at the party!

Edited by Singapura

Wow. Really ah? But i heard the built qualities are not thatagood. I need something that can pretty much take a beating or so.

How do you intend to beat up your iems? :)) I use my Mylars quite extensive when I go to the gym and it works fine. I think it is fine for the money we pay.

Lol. If you're looking for durable IEMs I'd be hard pressed to even name one. These guys aren't meant to take a beating but some do appear more durable than others. Between UM1 and Mylars, the UM1 definitely look more durable wire and all.

Went to Jaben today and auditioned both mylarone x3 and UM1. Well, of course UM1 built quality surpasses the mylar, but it is also 2.5x than the price of a X3. So i went for the X3 instead. Got the the black with red and blue rings. So HOTT STUFF. :thumbup:

Pretty good IMO. After burning in, should be much better. Recommended highly. Blows away all IEMs of this price range, maybe even more.

Anyone knows what the X3 best fits with what kinda tips? Bi/tri flanges? Foam? Or silicon? In all cases, could anyone give me from what brand and all. :think:

I live in Singapore, so no postage and all. Costed me 65 Sing dollars.

Where do you live? Go online shopping at jaben. I heard its 57 US dollars with no additional postage charges.

i live in singapore too.. but its pretty inconvenient for me to go down anytime soon so i was wondering how much extra would local postage cost..

haha okay. another question i have is about the build of these . for me, i usually dont put my earphones in a casing , i just wind them around my player and put it in my bag. will these earphones spoil easily if i do this ?

IMO, when you invest on your earphones, do make the effort to take care of them. :D

I feel that coilling and uncoil them too much and too tightly ain't gonna be too good for yoyur pocket.

Dude, you gotta stop that winding thingy on your mp3.

Even if you had expensive IEMS, you still got wind that up with your player?

Sooner or later, its going to get spoil if you do that even if the built is good.

Uhh soooo, I really wouldn't recommend doing that. Just keep them in a case. If you want a solid built, get the UM1. The cables are really tough. The cables on the mylars are the rubbery kind, so it doesn't feel quite strong. downside is, price iof um1s almost 2.5X more than mylars.

yeah i guess i did spoil quite a few earphones recently. luckily my current pair which is almost a year old isn't spoilt yet. does that also mean that those rubber cord managers are bad for the earphones too ?