Sign in to follow this  
dannel

Reccomendations ?

Hi , I just need some help regarding ear phones. I currently own 2 pairs, a Sony MDR-EX81SL and a pair of sony earphones that came with my w850i. Firstly, I want to know what is the correct way to wear the earphones. When i put on the large sized buds, it doesnt fit all the way in, meaning i cannot hear the bass as well and ambient noises can be heard. This problem is solved by using the mid sized buds, but then there is another problem. However, when I walk or when the chord is lightly tugged, there will be a loud sound.Sort of like when you tap the earphones against your ears.

Next, I am interested in buying a new pair of earphones. I have read around the forum and mostly people reccomend the UM-1 and Mylar3. However, I want to know if there are any earphones that have the convenience of the apple in-ears and the fit of the sonys. In other words, I am looking for earphones that have no need for extension cables , and both cables are of the same length just like the apple in ears, not with one longer and one shorter like the sonys.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hi , I just need some help regarding ear phones. I currently own 2 pairs, a Sony MDR-EX81SL and a pair of sony earphones that came with my w850i. Firstly, I want to know what is the correct way to wear the earphones. When i put on the large sized buds, it doesnt fit all the way in, meaning i cannot hear the bass as well and ambient noises can be heard. This problem is solved by using the mid sized buds, but then there is another problem. However, when I walk or when the chord is lightly tugged, there will be a loud sound.Sort of like when you tap the earphones against your ears.

Next, I am interested in buying a new pair of earphones. I have read around the forum and mostly people reccomend the UM-1 and Mylar3. However, I want to know if there are any earphones that have the convenience of the apple in-ears and the fit of the sonys. In other words, I am looking for earphones that have no need for extension cables , and both cables are of the same length just like the apple in ears, not with one longer and one shorter like the sonys.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

UM1 is my choice but you should also consider the new Panasonic HJE700 around $70++ it's quite good too.

The loud sound you hear is a common problem with a lot of in-ear types - microphonics.

IEMs like the UM1s also have this problem, but it is solved by wearing the cables over the ears. (The UM1s will be challenging to use with the cable going straight down)

However, the catch with over-the-ears IEMs is that they can take longer to wear and adjust than the regular buds. Plus, they tend to stick in pretty deep and some people don't like the feeling.

Do a search for heady's foam tip mod and try it - I find that having foam tends to reduce the amount of microphonics, compared to just using rubber tips. It'll retain the convenience and comfort of the Sony buds as well.

Edited by radioactive28

Got bucks to spend? Go for UM1.

No Money? Go for Mylarone X3.

Then again, go to jaben to hear which one you like better.

The Mylars don't get a lot of microphonic when worn over the ear, like the UM1s.

Also, Mylars have a clip thingy for you to clip onto your shirt. It'll help a lot with the microphonics.

i see. thanks for the reccomendations. I'll probably go down some time soon. most probably will get a pair of mylarone x3 . White of course :)