Sign in to follow this  
Glyyde

Sony cordless headphones

I am looking at this model...MDR-IF630RK.... anyone have any experience with it? or can recommend me a good cordless headphone of that price range? thanx

what's the 'range' ?

most people here don't really own a cordless phone because for the same price, a cord phone will always sound better than a cordless phone. Only if you really need the convenience then opt for a cordless. Otherwise, it should always be the last resort.

Anyway, do look out for the sennheiser's too.. they are pretty decent.

the specs for the Sony headphones....

Type Dynamic, closed circumaural

Driver Unit 30mm diameter

Infrared Modulation Frequency Modulation

Infrared carrier Frequencies Right 2.8MHz, Left 2.3MHz

Effective Range 33 feet (10m) forward, 4m at ±45 degrees

Magnet Neodymium

Frequency Response Headphones: 12-24,000Hz

Transmitter: 20-20,000Hz

Distortion Less than 1% (1kHz)

Headphone Power Requirements Built-in Ni-MH rechargeable battery

Transmitter Power Requirements DC 9V (from supplied AC power adapter)

Battery Life Headphones: Approx. 22 hours with fully charged supplied Ni-MH battery

I am planning to use it with computer.... any suggestion?

do you really need to have wireless?

hm if you want wired it's cheaper and sound much better

out of computer, there are quite a few headphones to recommend.

what's your budget?

I am going to UK to study.... and I will like to connect the headphones to the comp yet be able to lie down on the bed to listen to it.... dunno whether a wired one will be long enough or not....

budget maybe $200-250

pls recommend one and where to get it and also the price.... newbie in headphones....

btw, does headphones really sounds better than speakers?

pls recommend one and where to get it and also the price.... newbie in headphones....

Hit 'em up with a question like that.. Hard to say really you must be your own judge. Headphones will always be the cheaper than speakers though.(once you hit the high end)

All wireless headphones are sh*t.... no denying it. Battery just cant give them a good sound.

www.headphone.com is a great place to start. laugh.gif

Happy hunting. happy.gif

Glyde, I've sorta compiled a short list for you.

Based on out of pc, unamped source.

Here you go:

1.Beyerdynamic Dt250-80 (closed headphone)

I really like this phone. One of the favourite of all time. It is powered fine out of the pc due to its 80 ohm impedance. Bass is very tight and deep ! Many say the sound is a bit dark and like senn hd600, albeit with slightly less detail. Can be had for <300 at hungbros, sls 3rd level.

2.Grado sr-225 (open headphone)

Grado is a good choice for rock. They seem to match well due to the 'energy'. 225 is my recommendation to you. It's easily driven even by portable cdplayer. The bass is good, soundstage is alright, and the headphone has surprisingly good balance from low, mid to highs. The mid is just very fluid and smooth. Can be had 325 from Music by design, adelphi.

3.Ultrasone HFI-650 Trackmaster

Ultrasone is quite a young german company. Surprisingly they produce good headphones for the price. I've not heard this but many have praised this model. I think can get them ard 270 . Try pm-ing el scorcho , I think he was/is the ultrasone dealer.

4.Sennheiser HD280Pro (closed headphone)

Quite a good headphone. Bass is tight. Sound is a little bit on the bright side. The detail is good for can in this price range. Price is around 210 dollars, hungbros , sls 3rd floor also.

5.Sony MDR-V7506/V6 (closed headphone)

This headphones has got a lot of bass! good for techno/trance music. But does decently for all genres too. It goes for around 200 dollars also. Not sure about the shop selling it. Maybe others would like to advise? wink.gif Thanx

Basically I've heard all except the ultrasone and the sony. I put the 250-80 at the top of the list. For me, they're versatile phone. Great for mp3s, good for portable. basically it rolls the highs off slightly.. cutting those harsh edgy top of the mp3s. Making them much more listenable and pleasurable. I've even tried listening to my old cassettes with them. Surprisingly the sound is exciting and warm, with good details.

Gd luck in hunting for a pair happy.gif

You should pop in Mustafa, saw a Sony Cordless MDR-IF540RK retailing at $165.

ohmy.gif How blues nice list.

Should ask Glyyde can you afford to buy an amp too? If so you can go up to the next level wink.gif

a basic one, $200.

but personally, i feel you should start out with something that can run well unamped - the v7506.

Edited by adhoc