Sign in to follow this  
imp0ssibled

mylar3 vs ms1

hi, wanna ask wats the SQ difference between the iem mylar3 and headphone alessandro ms1, becoz i got the mylar3, and was thinking of getting a headphone now, wonder is the ms1 sound similiar or even better than mylar3?

i have a friend who owns a mylar 3 and i got him to try ms1... he told me ms1 is a little more detailed and the soundstage is really big.. honestly i havent tried mylar 3 before and i'm a headphone user.. :D

I have the ms1 and the mylar3s (for a short period since I don't see the need for 2 IEMs at anytime). Firstly, comparing headphones and earphones is like comparing apples and oranges. They're different both in usage and design and as such, they possess different sound qualities. Next, I find the ms1 to be rather fun headphones and the Mylar3s to be overly hyped. Nothing fantastic about the 3s really just that at it's price, nothing comes close. But yea, both do sound similar in that they're rather neutral and both have similar amounts of bass, balanced mids, clear highs but for the ms1 highs can get a little bright.

I have the ms1 and the mylar3s (for a short period since I don't see the need for 2 IEMs at anytime). Firstly, comparing headphones and earphones is like comparing apples and oranges. They're different both in usage and design and as such, they possess different sound qualities. Next, I find the ms1 to be rather fun headphones and the Mylar3s to be overly hyped. Nothing fantastic about the 3s really just that at it's price, nothing comes close. But yea, both do sound similar in that they're rather neutral and both have similar amounts of bass, balanced mids, clear highs but for the ms1 highs can get a little bright.

icic, thx for the replies, i really like my mylar3 sounds, if u say that ms1 is even better n clearer than it then cant wait to try it, becoz i tried others like ath es7 and ath a500, found their sounds to be quite warm....also tried the dt231, actually quite liked that one too, but waiting for ms1 testing first b4 deciding....

You should also bear in mind that the MS-1s are OPEN headphones. people will be able to hear what you're listening to even at low volumes. At the same time, you'll hear noise from the outside as well....

You should also bear in mind that the MS-1s are OPEN headphones. people will be able to hear what you're listening to even at low volumes. At the same time, you'll hear noise from the outside as well....

yup i know that, after trying at stereo at woodlands, i bought the akg k518dj instead, i juz liked the sound it gave much more than the other headphones i tried, actually the bass of it was ok i felt, not really overwhelming, juz nice i think, maybe im a closet basshead [which i didnt know until now], maybe i should also change my mylar3 to mylar xb too?

i tried the ath ad500, sennheiser hd555 n hd515, ms1, sr60 n sr80, goldrong dr150 n dr100, also tried various beyerdynamic headphones last wk at jaben like dt231 n other higher ends ones....

Congrats on your purchase. May you have many hours of listening bliss ahead...

yup thx, i really find the sound is nicer than the mylar3, can feel the 'suround sound' effect i think its called sound stage better than ms1 too, now really lenjoying my music much more, juz that its still tight, have to 'season' it first

Yep.The akg k518 are known for their "death grip". Check out head-fi on how to loosen it. Some recommend bending inwards, some out. Just don't bend too hard or it'll snap. Lol.

Yep.The akg k518 are known for their "death grip". Check out head-fi on how to loosen it. Some recommend bending inwards, some out. Just don't bend too hard or it'll snap. Lol.

yup knew bout this after reading many forums b4 i bought it too, it really gets tight after a while, but i juz basically use my pc's main body as my headphone stand now, juz put the k518dj at the width of the pc to 'season' it, hopefully it'll be more comfortable after a few days.....btw i was using mylar3 b4 this, i wonder how does mylar xb sound like compared to a518dj? isit close to its bass?

Have heard the XBs, but not the k518s so can't comment. But the XBs does have a larger does of bass compared to the Myalr3s. It makes the 3s look like misers on the bass.

yup thx, i really find the sound is nicer than the mylar3, can feel the 'suround sound' effect i think its called sound stage better than ms1 too, now really lenjoying my music much more, juz that its still tight, have to 'season' it first

I'd say all IEMS have poor sound stage, and wearing a headphones will impress you because you get the enormous 3d effect. Haha. Even if the Iem and the headphones do have similar sound in terms of EQ, a headphone would still sound better for the soundstage factor.