Sign in to follow this  
loop_

what's a better potentiometer than alps?

Hi guys,

need a 50k potentiometer. buy in sg. Any suggestions?

So far have only found the DACT2 but that's 250. :rclxub:

thanks

Hi guys,

need a 50k potentiometer. buy in sg. Any suggestions?

So far have only found the DACT2 but that's 250. :rclxub:

thanks

loop_, if you want to get something in Singapore, you have very little choice. Koba has some audio pots, I think Panasonic and others. Why don't you buy a rotary switch and built a stepped attenuator? I believe someone in HK sells a kit.

yea heady i think i don't have much choice, though im really quite tempted by that 250sgd dact2...will prob end up sticking to alps.

thing is i read a bit about those stepped attenuators and I don't think they will be very good unless you use quality SMD resistors...don't think those DALES will be much good. also damn mafan la

Edited by loop_

yea heady i think i don't have much choice, though im really quite tempted by that 250sgd dact2...will prob end up sticking to alps.

thing is i read a bit about those stepped attenuators and I don't think they will be very good unless you use quality SMD resistors...don't think those DALES will be much good. also damn mafan la

I think the boutique parts mentality is ok if you have a bottomless wallet and lots of spare time. Being more of an engineering type of person myself, I prefer to be realistic and tell myself, I won't be able to hear that extra 1% difference in quality... :grin: Anyway, Iike I said, I am unlikely to afford boutique parts so it may be "sour grapes" mentality rather than being realistic. :lol:

Edited by heady