Sign in to follow this  
shw24

How does it sound.... Pimeta Vs Mini3

Just wondering how does it sound pimeta with OPA637 and Buf 634 compare to high performance Mini3..... Does anybody know? And does pimeta or mini3 have synergy with my IM716 and HD595 ?

Just wondering how does it sound pimeta with OPA637 and Buf 634 compare to high performance Mini3..... Does anybody know? And does pimeta or mini3 have synergy with my IM716 and HD595 ?

My Mini3 is still unassembled but I do have a Pimeta and a PINT. The Pimeta uses AD8620/10 for the opamps. The sound of the opamps are influenced to a great deal by the BUF634. I find the Pimeta lacks the immediacy and high end clarity of the PINT if compared directly. Of course, some will say the AD8397 in the PINT is too forward and strident. Sometimes I think it is too but with some music it is ok.

I don't know your taste but for phones like Grado, the Pimeta may be ok. For phones which tends to be a little more restrained and dark, as Senns tend to be, then the Pimeta with BUF634 may be too much of a good thing.

At the end of the day, it is your taste which matters.

hmmm.... Actually, what I like is more like, if I seat in a performance choir or orchestra, I always prefer to sit in middle row to front row, instead of middle to back row... is this the meaning that I like forward sound instead of laid back?

hmmm.... Actually, what I like is more like, if I seat in a performance choir or orchestra, I always prefer to sit in middle row to front row, instead of middle to back row... is this the meaning that I like forward sound instead of laid back?

Well, I am not authority on sound etc. But I think your comments are quite on the mark. For me, if the music is very forward, it is very exciting to listen to initially but after maybe an hour or two, it may give me a headache.

More laid back sound when directly and immediately compared to the forward sounding amps, will sound dull and less exciting but will let me enjoy music the whole day.

Again, let me emphasise, these are my personal opinions. I believe these are very personal and each have their own taste. So, don't let my opinion influence you, find out for yourself to see if you share my views. :)