Sign in to follow this  
d0td0t

Long Cmoy2 problem..

Hi, I know this may be brought up long ago.. But it is still a grey area is this amp.

K, its about the 'POP' sound you'll hear when ever turning On / Off the amp, worried for my headphone, and its irritating la..

So anyone got any suggestions to get rid of this 'POP' and small circuit add ons or change of caps? suggestions?

OK, in case some dude gonna suggest getting a new Amp, please don't post here. cause I have other amps, but I feel that Cmoy2 is a great amp to go to waste, jus becos of tis tiny problem..

cheers!

I think if you use smaller values caps you may be able to reduce the volume of the pop. Having said that, from what I know, the pop do not damage the earphone and is of nuisance value only. BTW - I also use the CMOY2 at times.

I'm only using a pair of 470uF electrolytics.. still pretty loud pop.. tinking looking for someting like a speaker protection relay kind of circuit. but those kit runs above 20V to maybe 70V.

I've seen AMB's, but the cost of the PCB n shipping is too high for the Cmoy2 I guess.

I don't think the circuits you're looking for can be implemented with a portable amp. Amb's ε12 requires at least 12V, and even if you want to craft your own circuit (e.g. the one here for the zen headamp: http://www.headwize.com/projects/showfile....lerano_prj.htm, it also looks like 12V.

Why don't you just turn it on before you put in your earphones? If you hate the 'bump' that much I can't think of a cheaper solution, though if you do this too often you might wear out the contacts. lol

Edited by loop_

I don't use it as portable anymore, I've got misterX XP amp for tat. I jus use it at home sometimes..

Anyway, I need to correct my previous post.. theres ONLY TURN-OFF thump, very loud one..

cheers