Sign in to follow this  
alleyezond

Where to find Cheapest ATH-A900 / Beyer DT770 (PRO) in Singapore?

Hi,

I'm visiting Singapore (next week) and will be there for only 2 weeks. I'm from Canada, and I'm wondering if you guys can help point me to places where I can find these 2 items for the lowest possible price. I've checked all the places I know about for Singapore (bluetin.com) and saw that the ATH A900's are listed as 256SG there, which is a very attractive price. Seeing that I wondered if they can be had for a better price than that somewhere else in Singapore, and if so where. Also, I'm interested in Beyer DT770 or the PRO version and wondering what the prices of those are like in Singapore. If I did anything wrong in this thread please edit it or move it, since this is my first post. So please help me! and thanks for all your help!!

Do try Stereo Electronics and Jaben Networks at Causeway Point and Adelphi respectively. There're alot of other closed back headphones available for audition there too.

IMO

Jaben aren't cheap at all, since you're from canada. I am sure you can get better deals there or US.

Getting Jap brands here will be cheaper though.

Edited by ezzo

Thanks, and yes I'm starting to realize that only the A900's would be cheaper from Singapore. Does the S$256 for the A900's seem to be an unbeatable price from bluetin.com or has anyone been able to find a better deal?

either PM stereo_electronics or drop Jaben an email.

adelphi@jaben.net or Wilson@jaben.net

If my memory hasn't failed me, both have the A900 for sale.

Hi,

I'm visiting Singapore (next week) and will be there for only 2 weeks. I'm from Canada, and I'm wondering if you guys can help point me to places where I can find these 2 items for the lowest possible price. I've checked all the places I know about for Singapore (bluetin.com) and saw that the ATH A900's are listed as 256SG there, which is a very attractive price. Seeing that I wondered if they can be had for a better price than that somewhere else in Singapore, and if so where. Also, I'm interested in Beyer DT770 or the PRO version and wondering what the prices of those are like in Singapore. If I did anything wrong in this thread please edit it or move it, since this is my first post. So please help me! and thanks for all your help!!

i juz got the dt770/250 pro [black color] from a shop at simlimsquare at a good price too, it was better priced than both jaben and hung bros too~ its at one of the back lanes, they've got senn, koss, some beyers too, but dun seem to have many sets for demo, but if u already know what u are looking for and dun need to test listen, then this is a good place to go for better pricing than the other shops too~

check them out @

sim lim sq #02-21 Chun Sheng Trading Enterprise, tel 63397684, 63386334

surprised no one talked bout this corner shop b4, always talk bout the other more famous ones, u might find some gems here~

Guest dragonboy

i juz got the dt770/250 pro [black color] from a shop at simlimsquare at a good price too, it was better priced than both jaben and hung bros too~ its at one of the back lanes, they've got senn, koss, some beyers too, but dun seem to have many sets for demo, but if u already know what u are looking for and dun need to test listen, then this is a good place to go for better pricing than the other shops too~

check them out @

sim lim sq #02-21 Chun Sheng Trading Enterprise, tel 63397684, 63386334

surprised no one talked bout this corner shop b4, always talk bout the other more famous ones, u might find some gems here~

Been there before.... you really need to know what you want. Not much service, not to mention if your product breakdown and you need help.

It's really difficult to get used to them since we're all spoilt by stereo & jaben.

Been there before.... you really need to know what you want. Not much service, not to mention if your product breakdown and you need help.

It's really difficult to get used to them since we're all spoilt by stereo & jaben.

ya, the uncle was abit sterner looking lol, but the auntie was very friendly though....but i really gotta say i got a much better price for my dt770/250 here than at jaben and hung bros too~ if u are having price constraints, u could try here...but only if u already know what headphone u are aiming to buy already~

:)) After researching forums, and done many testing, i finally bought my DT770 pro headphone from below website at S$230. Plugged into my $79 battery powered Xenos head amp & the bass really roars.

The bass is really impressive, strong and well defined. The mids & highs also very clear & good separations. I have tested many models & brands which is supposed to have good bass, but this one beats them all.

Bought from local shop here -->

http://broadcastsupply.com.sg/beyerdynamic-dt770pro.html

The frequency response chart showed how strong the bass is -->

http://www.headphone.com/products/headphon...amic-dt-770.php

After listening with it, i regret not using 192KB bit rate when i converted my entire CD collections to MP3. My old creative in-ear headphone did not make any difference with my 128kb recordings, but this beyerdynamics really shows all the flaws in the sound quality.

:cans:

:)) After researching forums, and done many testing, i finally bought my DT770 pro headphone from below website at S$230. Plugged into my $79 battery powered Xenos head amp & the bass really roars.

The bass is really impressive, strong and well defined. The mids & highs also very clear & good separations. I have tested many models & brands which is supposed to have good bass, but this one beats them all.

Bought from local shop here -->

http://broadcastsupply.com.sg/beyerdynamic-dt770pro.html

The frequency response chart showed how strong the bass is -->

http://www.headphone.com/products/headphon...amic-dt-770.php

After listening with it, i regret not using 192KB bit rate when i converted my entire CD collections to MP3. My old creative in-ear headphone did not make any difference with my 128kb recordings, but this beyerdynamics really shows all the flaws in the sound quality.

:cans:

omg, that is really cheap! how did u find that? if only u had posted this 1 day earlier i would have saved some more money too~

omg, that is really cheap! how did u find that? if only u had posted this 1 day earlier i would have saved some more money too~

sorry, i only found out this website only recently. Btw, any idea how to clean the velvet ear cushion thing? Any idea it is removable for washing? ^_^