Sign in to follow this  
soundsync

Looking for suggestions for a good quality, reliable noise-cancelling

Hi Guys,

I had been using a Sennheiser CX300 for the past 10 months and it has decent noise-cancelling capability and has good acoustics(though i would recommend that when using it, just go at 50% volume when hearing for long periods. The bass can sometimes irritate). I used it either on my Ipod Shuffle or my laptop. Sadly, the left earpiece gave way(i think the driver is damaged) when I plugged it to hear music from my laptop and I have been trying to look for a good replacement to my old piece.

Can anyone suggest on a set of good quality headphones that i can use on my Ipod or laptop? How is the Bose Quietcomfort 2 and Sennheiser PX450 performance?

Soundsync

Hi,

Are you looking for noise-isolating 'phones like the in-ear earphones or active noise-cancelling headphones like the Bose QC2? For the latter, you can consider the Creative Aurvana X-Fi headphones at $499. If I am not wrong, this is around the same price range as the Bose and reviews say it outperforms the Bose. I have not personally tried the Bose so can't comment, but when I tried the X-Fi at the hifi show the noise-cancelling capabilities are pretty darn good.

IPB Image

Regards

CK

Hi Guys,

I had been using a Sennheiser CX300 for the past 10 months and it has decent noise-cancelling capability and has good acoustics(though i would recommend that when using it, just go at 50% volume when hearing for long periods. The bass can sometimes irritate). I used it either on my Ipod Shuffle or my laptop. Sadly, the left earpiece gave way(i think the driver is damaged) when I plugged it to hear music from my laptop and I have been trying to look for a good replacement to my old piece.

Can anyone suggest on a set of good quality headphones that i can use on my Ipod or laptop? How is the Bose Quietcomfort 2 and Sennheiser PX450 performance?

Soundsync

The Senn PXC450 is quite decent. But personally I prefer noise isolation to noise cancellation as it somehows distorts the sound.

Hi,

Are you looking for noise-isolating 'phones like the in-ear earphones or active noise-cancelling headphones like the Bose QC2? For the latter, you can consider the Creative Aurvana X-Fi headphones at $499. If I am not wrong, this is around the same price range as the Bose and reviews say it outperforms the Bose. I have not personally tried the Bose so can't comment, but when I tried the X-Fi at the hifi show the noise-cancelling capabilities are pretty darn good.

IPB Image

Regards

CK

I have tried the Bose QC2 and it is a good piece. It is one of my choices. The main reason why i also want to look into the PXC450 is that I am ardent follower of Sennheiser but that doesn't mean to say that I will stick to the brand. What I also like to consider is the performance of the headphones. Sad to say, there is not much choices to pick on headphones here in my country. I see lots of Sennheiser, AKG and some Shure(more on the low and mid-level range).

From reading the threads here, there are a lot of brands that I am not well aware of. The PXC450, as far as i know, is not yet available in my country but it can be ordered though very expensive. i didnt know Creative had a good noise-cancelling headphones. I will try to check it out. Thanks for the suggestion and for giving me more options, CK!

I have tried the Bose QC2 and it is a good piece. It is one of my choices. The main reason why i also want to look into the PXC450 is that I am ardent follower of Sennheiser but that doesn't mean to say that I will stick to the brand. What I also like to consider is the performance of the headphones. Sad to say, there is not much choices to pick on headphones here in my country. I see lots of Sennheiser, AKG and some Shure(more on the low and mid-level range).

From reading the threads here, there are a lot of brands that I am not well aware of. The PXC450, as far as i know, is not yet available in my country but it can be ordered though very expensive. i didnt know Creative had a good noise-cancelling headphones. I will try to check it out. Thanks for the suggestion and for giving me more options, CK!

I suggest you give the Audio Technica ATH-ANC7 a try, lightweight, bose comfort, compact and good quality. This headphone works with or without the battery unlike Bose and boost a 35hrs battery life. This was featured in this week's Digital life.

me looking for a budget noise cancelling headphone too..... anyone can recommend any good pair below $150? or someone selling used?

Creative has a decent HN-700 noise cancelling below $100.

Edited by Stereo_Electronics

Guest rueyloon

I have the Audio Technica ANC7 as well as the Sennheiser PCX150. I feel that the Sennheiser is a better performer. It is also more comfortable for sleeping and wearing on an airplane. Sennheiser has an irritating dongle that is quite heavy, so you have to deal with that.

The AT requires 1 battery while the Senn requires 2. err.... the sennheiser is also much cheaper.